Ferocious Beast HD for Genesis 8 Male Killed my Smart Content

Just got Ferocious Beast HD for Genesis 8 Male and installed it. Now, no matter the character I load, the only options I get are poses -- and it's ONLY for Ferocious Beast HD for Genesis 8 Male. What can I do to get it back? Delete it?

Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 8.32.20 PM.png
792 x 1156 - 900K

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

I'm assuming you still have the Ferocious Beast selected in the scene tree?

Uncheck "Filter by Context".

• tdctdc Posts: 130

margrave said:

I'm assuming you still have the Ferocious Beast selected in the scene tree?

Uncheck "Filter by Context".

No, not even loaded. That's what's so weird. Even closed Daz down and reopend. No matter the character, when I select them, all I ever get for options is just POSE and Beast. No wardrobe, no assesories, anatomy... nothing. 

Also, the tab is stuck! Filter by -- just noticed. I mean the UI for this software is not based on ease of use, is it?

Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 4.30.01 AM.png
    294 x 308 - 65K
  • margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Did you uncheck Filter by Context?

Also, go into your Content Library tab and verify if you can see the files there. If not, right click the Content Library tab, choose "Content Directory Manager", and make sure the folder with your Daz files is mapped properly.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,440
    edited November 2021

This sort of problem is invariably a metadata issue. It has happened before with a few characters that hijack the CompatibilityBase and replace it with the character in question, which becomes the new "Base", limited to those assets that are compatible with it, as defined in the metadata. I don't have this particular product, so I can't confirm.

ETA: You can verify by loading a base Genesis 8 Male and checking the SceneID for the Compatibility Base. (Scene tab->right-click->Edit->Scene Identification). If it isn't "Genesis 8/Male", there's the problem.

Post edited by NorthOf45 on
  • Same issue, though confirmed for me it's limited to just G8M models. Sadly, uninstalling FB did nothing to rectify the problem; it now seems baked in.

Try re-importing the metadata for "Genesis 8 Starter Essentials Male" from DIM (right-click on the product in the Installed tab -> Re-Import Metadata) or in Studio (Content DB Maintenance -> Re-import Metadata -> select only the one product), or with Connect.

Or, re-install the "Genesis 8 Starter Essentials Male" product.

Or, with a base Genesis 8 Male loaded, change the Compatibility Base (access as described above) to "Genesis 8/Male" from the candidates in the list accessed from the ellipsis at the far right of the drop-down list (could take a while to populate).

A help ticket will be needed to get the metadata changed at the source.

• NorthOf45 said:

Try re-importing the metadata for "Genesis 8 Starter Essentials Male" from DIM (right-click on the product in the Installed tab -> Re-Import Metadata) or in Studio (Content DB Maintenance -> Re-import Metadata -> select only the one product), or with Connect.

Or, with a base Genesis 8 Male loaded, change the Compatibility Base (access as described above) to "Genesis 8/Male" from the candidates in the list accessed from the ellipsis at the far right of the drop-down list (could take a while to populate).

I could kiss you; this worked. Within Daz Studio, I right-clicked on Genesis 8 Starter Essentials, selected "Update Metadata", loaded a new G8M, and everything works again. Also confirmed it works with previously created models/scenes. Thanks so much! Hopefully this also works for the OP.

I should add I did this with Ferocious Beast HD uninstalled; haven't tested if it would work the product currently installed but will try that if/when I actually need to use that asset.

It should work with Ferocious Beast installed, if you repeat the metadta re-import after installing. It might not be 100%, since some compatibilities might not be properly set, but you can edit the metadata to take care of any stray bits.

NorthOf45 said:

YOU ARE A GENIUS! Thank you SO MUCH! :-)

It has happened before, so, nothing groundbreaking, just passing on the knowledge.