solutions: dForce Hair not visible or not showing

AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,488

(aka: solutions for "Hair doesn't show in Iray View") keywords: dForce Hair strand not visible not showing invisible not working 

NB: PREVIEW (ie viewport) is not the same as a RENDER, for a proper render hit the Render button or Ctrl+R yes

When hairs are not showing in the RENDER -

Here is my checklist (which I included in my products PDF since April 2020) 
also available at https://www.facebook.com/notes/1690004351181320/

1. Daz Studio must be version 4.11 or later.
  2. Nvidia driver is 430.86 or later.
  3. dForce Starter Essentials content is installed and up to date.
  4. Make sure you haven't currently got a geometry editing tool selected, select the pointer tool (Node Selection Tool) instead and then try to render again. (red because this one is the trickiest lol)
  5. If you are doing viewport renders instead of final (new window or direct to file) renders, apply my "Preview Render On" preset (sets "Viewport Tessellation" 2+ and "PR Preview" on.)
  6. System check by loading the free simple mohawk in a new empty scene and test if that renders for you. (Installed with dForce Starter Essentials and found in Content LIbrary > [your library] > People > Genesis 8 Male > Hair > Strand-Based Hair Samples - and also in the Genesis 8 Female folder.)

When hairs are not showing in PREVIEW - 

For my customers who want to find the presets I provide: 
- in Content Library pane they can be found in my "Style and Poses" subfolder ; 
- in Smart Content pane QA usually put them in either the Poses or the Simulation Settings categories, for example:

For users who want to modify these settings themselves:
- select the dynamic strand hairs and go to the Parameters tab 

I hope that helps smiley

2021-11-07_8-45-18.jpg
548 x 502 - 87K
dforce-hair-presets.jpg
465 x 406 - 60K
Post edited by AprilYSH on

Comments

• azoohouseazoohouse Posts: 664

Thank you so much for this! My problem was #4. 

• THANK YOU SO MUCH IT WORKED!!! 

AprilYSH said:

(aka: solutions for "Hair doesn't show in Iray View")

Reposting my reply here for my customers because when they search this topic the usual replies from fellow members have been to manually set the tessallation to 1 or 2, and set PS/PR preview on (*see below) - which is very helpful, thank you, and good to know how to do it yourself :)  but some customers just want to find the presets which I provided.  They can be found in my "Style and Poses" subfolder in Content Library pane; and in Smart Content pane QA usually put them in either the Poses or the Simulation Settings categories, for example:

Of course preview is not the same as render, so for a proper render hit the Render button or Ctrl+R yes

Now when hairs are not showing in the RENDER, here is my checklist (which I included in my products PDF since April 2020) 

1. Daz Studio must be version 4.11 or later.
    2. Nvidia driver is 430.86 or later.
    3. dForce Starter Essentials content is installed and up to date.
    4. Make sure you haven't currently got a geometry editing tool selected, select the pointer tool (Node Selection Tool) instead and then try to render again. (red because this one is the trickiest lol)
    5. If you are doing viewport renders instead of final (new window or direct to file) renders, apply my "Preview Render On" preset (sets "Viewport Tessellation" 2+ and "PR Preview" on.)
    6. System check by loading the free simple mohawk in a new empty scene and test if that renders for you. (Installed with dForce Starter Essentials and found in Content LIbrary > [your library] > People > Genesis 8 Male > Hair > Strand-Based Hair Samples - and also in the Genesis 8 Female folder.)

also available at https://www.facebook.com/notes/1690004351181320/

* The Parameters tab is where you can modify the preview settings yourself:

I hope that helps smiley

search keywords: dForce Hair strand not visible not showing invisible not working 

• There is hair thats is shown in preview and hair thats not shown in preview. Period. 

• e.g. B. Messy Pixie Cut Hair. I've followed every guide I found on the forums. It doesn't matter if I set previw to on or off. It doesn't matter if I set all the recommended settings to the right value. While other dForce hairs are displayed, and some others remain unchanged. A pity.

• bradassociatesbradassociates Posts: 106
    edited June 2023

mfrank01328_e9ea05b22a said:

e.g. B. Messy Pixie Cut Hair. I've followed every guide I found on the forums. It doesn't matter if I set previw to on or off. It doesn't matter if I set all the recommended settings to the right value. While other dForce hairs are displayed, and some others remain unchanged. A pity.

I concur. I have the most recent version of Daz, and a Nvidia Xforce GPU.   I've used the same approach as discussed above.  I make sure all the preview windows are set to "on", and as discussed above I reset the tessellation to 2 or 3.  It sometimes works, but many times does not and I cannot see the dforce hair content in the viewport pre-render.  

I've tried it over and over on a majority of the dforce hair products I have, but have never been able to get them to show in the Viewport.   I can't understand why it is such a problem with dforce hair content while it is not for the many other content artists.   I simply quit buying dforce hair products for this reason as there are many others out there that does not have this problem.

Post edited by bradassociates on