New IK points?

edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

Hello DAZ,

Just had an evil idea for animations. I've been doing a project where a character gets sick. He's on his knees upchucking because he had one too many. lol

I used the IK for both the feet and the legs to animate his motions, but noticed something. When a person is on their hands and knees, its the knees and the thighs that are supporting the lower body, not the feet and lower legs.

With the IK on for all hands and feet, the feet stay still as I move the hip but the knees move in a very unnatural way. It should be exactly the opposite.

Is there a way to create new IK points for the knees? If I could turn on the knee IK and turn off the feet IK, it would make such a scene much easier to do.

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,896
    edited December 1969

If you are using DAZ Studio you can pin any body part, though you need to remember that if you pin one part and move its parent there's going to be very little chance for the IK to help. Using the Universal Manipulator, when you have a bone selected there is a pin icon at top-right of the viewport widget which gives the pin menu.

• edited December 1969

Hi,

Sorry, should have said. I'm using poser pro 2014. Anybody out here know how to add new IK points?