nVidia driver, older cards and modern iray

Hi!

I have a little problem. My setup - because of job - has 6 monitors. 4 of those are connected to a 1080ti, 2 to a 780ti.

Problem: The newest nvidia driver, 496.49 is not compatible with the 780ti. So to run the setup, I cannot go beyong 472.12.

My question: Is it worth to replace the 780ti with a 1030 or is the benefit - for DAZ Studio - of the newer driver not relevant?

Best wishes

Ryselle

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388

From what I see the 1030 only has 2GB VRAM, so DS will likely be unable to use it on most scenes as they wouldn't fit in the VRAM.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,910

To utilize Iray for renders you need at min. 4gb but today it's more like 8gb at min.

• Hi! Thank you for your answers :-) For rendering, I have the 1080ti. Additionally (!) I have a 780 for a dressing 2 additional monitors. Because job. Because of the 780 I cannot go beyond 472 display driver. Question: How important is the driver for DAZ? Is it worth to replace the 780 with a 1030 just to get a newer driver?
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388

Driver version is definitely important for DS if you plan to use Iray with your GPU, as there's a minimum driver version required for each version of Iray. Minimum driver version for the latest beta is 465.89 on Windows.

As long as the driver you have is above the minimum version required then you should be good.

• Could be the usual case of the "Supported products" list on the nvidia website being incorrect.

I've found that to be the case on a lot of nvidia drivers, both consumer and pro, to the point i just download it and check the "listDevice.txt" file to see if it's supposed to work or not.

According to the "ListDevices.txt" file in the 496.49 driver for the 1080TI, win10x64, GRD, the 750Ti is still supported.