Poser into Vue Skin Issues

joehendjoehend Posts: 7
edited February 2015 in Poser Discussion

Hope this is the right place for this. I am finally getting the Genesis figure into Vue with all of the clothing (mostly) intact, but the skin is terrible. With earlier figures I never had an issue, only with Genesis 2.

Using Poser Pro 2014 and Vue xStream 2014. All updated. As you can see, the skin is really rough. What can I do to get this fixed? I have an earlier release of SkinVue and wondering if Elite would allow me to get this fixed, or is it something else?

Any pushes in the right direction would be good. I have not experimented with the materials room or anything else really.

g2-test-sm.jpg
1200 x 1800 - 635K
Post edited by joehend on

Comments

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,792
    edited December 1969

It looks like the displacement setting is wrong on the skin maps; either the depth is too high or it has the wrong Gamma. I don't use Vue, so I can't help you with that end, but inside Poser, try using the changeGamma script to set the Gamma on displacement and bump maps to 1.0 and apply it to 'All figures and props' before you export it. It's on the Scripts menu under Material Mods...

• joehendjoehend Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

WandW said:
    It looks like the displacement setting is wrong on the skin maps; either the depth is too high or it has the wrong Gamma. I don't use Vue, so I can't help you with that end, but inside Poser, try using the changeGamma script to set the Gamma on displacement and bump maps to 1.0 and apply it to 'All figures and props' before you export it. It's on the Scripts menu under Material Mods...

No difference at all with those settings and a variety of others.

• pimanjcpimanjc Posts: 11
    edited May 2015

I not only have the skin problems you described, but have a more serious problem when trying to export genesis2 from poser pro 2014 to vue complete 2014. I get a double body image. I have previously asked here, at poser, and at vue for help, but nothing successful other than the marginal effectiveness of exporting as OBJ and importing that rather than the pz3 I would prefer to import.
    Since you are not getting the double figure, with similar programs, what special settings in either program do you suggest. I have the poser 2013 poser importer SDK.

In the second image, I imported a gen2 figure. In the first image, Gen Young teen was imported with out problem. When the gen2 pleated skirt was added to the figure, then I got the double figure.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    JimC

Julie1-Julie1-pleated.jpg
    721 x 406 - 24K
    genesis_doublebody_pbm2.jpg
    724 x 408 - 19K
    Post edited by pimanjc on
  • estheresther Posts: 610

I think you have to have subd set to zero to make the figure import to vue, and I havne't tried it for awhile, but I think the male figures always had their textures mixed up.

for any figure into vue either from poser or from DS one has to decrease bump in vue to -.008

Love esther