Iray Noise in render results

I've never had this happen before.   

I recently purchased  https://www.daz3d.com/neon-light-corridor

When I render, my character that I placed in the sceen has LOTS of digidital noise, kind of like if you took a digital photo and it was very underexposed and you tried to brighten it.  It's coverd with large RGB splotchy areas on every area on my G8 charcter and it's wardrobe.

There's nothing obstructing the camera view.   That was the first thing I checked to make sure I wasn't shooting thorugh an asset that had a very low opacity setting.

I even tried changing the f-stop to f128, and it still has a noisy/blury result/

Any ideas?

Brent

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

The clue is in the name:

Neon Light Corridor.

Lots of emissive/reflective surfaces = intense specular highlights. Iray renders by calculating light rays, and both of those create a lot of light rays. The only solution is to let it keep rendering.

• Db3d said:

When I render, my character that I placed in the sceen has LOTS of digidital noise, kind of like if you took a digital photo and it was very underexposed and you tried to brighten it.  It's coverd with large RGB splotchy areas on every area on my G8 charcter and it's wardrobe.

There's nothing obstructing the camera view.   That was the first thing I checked to make sure I wasn't shooting thorugh an asset that had a very low opacity setting.

I even tried changing the f-stop to f128, and it still has a noisy/blury result/

Any ideas?

Brent

I have that product. It took 2 hr on an RTX2080Ti to get rid of the noise on a 4K render. I hope you have a beefy GPU.

• Db3dDb3d Posts: 248

margrave said:

The clue is in the name:

Neon Light Corridor.

Lots of emissive/reflective surfaces = intense specular highlights. Iray renders by calculating light rays, and both of those create a lot of light rays. The only solution is to let it keep rendering.

I'm doing a head-slap right now.   You're right.   I guess this is the first time I've had so MANY emissive surfaces in a scene.

I'm feeling kind of stupid.   I should have drawn that conclusion.

Thank you for waking me up.   LOL

Brent

JVRenderer said:

Db3d said:

Any ideas?

Brent

I have that product. It took 2 hr on an RTX2080Ti to get rid of the noise on a 4K render. I hope you have a beefy GPU.

I have the same card.   And, the previous post reminded me of something I knew, but was not clearly thinking trying to trouble shoot this.

You know what they say.... As soon as you get a fast computer, you'll discover you need somehting faster.

That's been the story of my 45 years of dealing with computers.

• Db3d said:

JVRenderer said:

Db3d said:

Any ideas?

Brent

I have the same card.   And, the previous post reminded me of something I knew, but was not clearly thinking trying to trouble shoot this.

You know what they say.... As soon as you get a fast computer, you'll discover you need somehting faster.

Well, I have sold my 2080Ti and upgraded to the RTX3090 since...

JVRenderer said:

Db3d said:

JVRenderer said:

Db3d said:

Any ideas?

Brent

Well, I have sold my 2080Ti and upgraded to the RTX3090 since...

I typically skip a revision between upgrading equipmnet.  I'll probably upgrade once the 4080 comes out.