Daz3d To Blender Bridge Export Help

Hello! Im new to both Daz and Blender and i'm lost on how to get the render to look similar in blender as it does in Daz Studio.

I'm having trouble with three things; my model's hair looks like it has a huge bald spot, the clothing doesnt have any detail, and the glasses dont load on the model's face.

I've attached a couple of photos. The first is the render preview in blender using cycles engine and the second is in daz studio.

Thanks a ton!

Blender Render.png
977 x 800 - 568K
Daz Render.png
2560 x 1440 - 360K

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,889

Different render engines behave differently, and materials rarely survive fully intact being transferred from one program to another. So you have to gain at least a basic understanding of what does what in each program and render engine if you want one to look like the other. The bald spot in the hair might be a transparency issue, and Cycles uses alpha instead of Iray's opacity, so plugging the opacity map into the right alpha slot might fix that (and you may also have to remove a transparent BSDF, if one exists). The texture on the clothing could be any combination of bump, normal and displacement, so you'll need to investigate what's responsible for that in Iray and replicate that in Cycles. Can't help you with the glasses, though.

What hair and shirt are those? If I have those, I'll see if I can replicate the Iray look in Cycles.

• Gordig said:

Different render engines behave differently, and materials rarely survive fully intact being transferred from one program to another. So you have to gain at least a basic understanding of what does what in each program and render engine if you want one to look like the other. The bald spot in the hair might be a transparency issue, and Cycles uses alpha instead of Iray's opacity, so plugging the opacity map into the right alpha slot might fix that (and you may also have to remove a transparent BSDF, if one exists). The texture on the clothing could be any combination of bump, normal and displacement, so you'll need to investigate what's responsible for that in Iray and replicate that in Cycles. Can't help you with the glasses, though.

What hair and shirt are those? If I have those, I'll see if I can replicate the Iray look in Cycles.

Thank you for the reply! Ill look more into the nodes. Working in 3D has been so overwhelming but im trying to not let it intimidate me.

The shirt is DZ G8M FaZhion Set 6 found on https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/dz-g8m-fazhion-set-6/140172 and the hair is https://www.daz3d.com/short-afro-hair-for-genesis-3-and-8

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,889
    edited November 2021

Here are my quick results, next to my very simple node setup. It still looks a little sparse, but not nearly as bad as yours. I'm wondering if something went wrong with the geometry of the hair when you brought it into Blender.

shortafro.PNG
    1491 x 687 - 1M
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • jaymatch1996jaymatch1996 Posts: 4
    edited November 2021

Gordig said:

Here are  quick results, next to my very simple node setup. It still looks a little sparse, but not nearly as bad as yours. I'm wondering if something went wrong with the geometry of the hair when you brought it into Blender.

Thanks! That helped a ton. I decided to change the hair but now my issue is that the hair looks gray and has these white strands in them. Any clue on how to change them to black?

hair white.png
    2522 x 1381 - 1M
    Post edited by jaymatch1996 on