Move some geometry from one bone to another in Daz? (Solved)

lukon100lukon100 Posts: 792

I made a rigged rigid prop in Blender. In Blender I accidentlly assigned some geometry to the wrong vertex group.

After transferring to Daz and doing a lot of rigging work, I discover my mistake.

Now I want to select the mal-assigned geometry and re-assign it to the correct bone WITHIN Daz, rather than starting over from Blender.

Can some Daz tool, such as the Geometry Editor, move the mal-assigned geometry from one bone to another?

Post edited by lukon100 on

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822
    edited October 2021

Yes.

I haven't done it recently, but IIRC:

Select the vertices in the Geometry Editor, right-click the viewport, and go to Geometry Selection -> Assign to Selection Set. Then, go to the Node Weight Map Editor, right-click the viewport, and select that Selection Set, then right-click again and--with the bone selected--choose Weight Editing -> Fill Selected.

Post edited by margrave on
  • lukon100lukon100 Posts: 792

margrave said:

Yes.

I haven't done it recently, but IIRC:

Select the vertices in the Geometry Editor, right-click the viewport, and go to Geometry Selection -> Assign to Selection Set. Then, go to the Node Weight Map Editor, right-click the viewport, and select that Selection Set, then right-click again and--with the bone selected--choose Weight Editing -> Fill Selected.

Yes. That works.

Thanks margrave!