Fixed -Mesh Distortion in G8 Females

SauronLivezSauronLivez Posts: 149

Take a look at the attached screenshot, you can see the severe distortion in G8F, but it happens to any G8F / 8.1F based character, not just the base figure.  Genesis 8 / 8.1 Males aren't affeced.  All the other Genesis generations pose just fine.

I've recently migrated to a new laptop, and this isn't happening on my old dying desktop.  So I'm guessing there's something missing that I need to install.  But for the life of me I don't know what.  For what it's worth I'm using Daz Connect to install content, and it's usually pretty good at telling me what it thinks is needed for any given scene.

I'm currently running v4.15.0.30 x64.   Any ideas anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Mesh Distortion.png
1675 x 1720 - 1M
Post edited by SauronLivez on

Comments

• Most likely something you have installed on that system and not on the old is the issue, rather than vice versa, or possibly you are just missing a product update. It looks as if a corrective morph to adjust the shape of a bend when a given shape is applied is in fact applying regardless. Unfortunately being a JCM it will be hidden - try applying the minimum pose needed to get the issue to show, then in the Parameters pane open the option menu (the lined button in the top corner, or right-click the tab) and make sure Show Hidden Properties is on, then go through the Currently Used group with the figure selected looking for the slider that controls the distortion. With luck the sldiers name will tell you which product is involved, and you can then check for updates.

• I had to uninstall / reinstall the Genesis 8 Female Body Morphs package - and that seems to have resolved the issue.  I never would have found it if you hadn't clued me in on those hidden JCMs.  

Thank you Richard.