Will Daz support MacBook Pro with M1 Max chips in the future?

I just bought the macbook pro with the M1 Max chip. I know its GPU is very powerful, with 32 cores, but currently Daz only supports CPU rendering on the mac platform. Almost all of the M1 Max’s 32-core GPU is wasted, so in the future Daz will  Does it support M1 Max's GPU?

Comments

• Daz does support the M1 chip in Daz Studio. Iray, which is a licensed rendering engine over which Daz has no cotnrol, requires nVidia's CUDA so unless Apple somehow manages to license that (or starts supporting nVidia cards) then Iray will not use the M1 GPU

• I saw a video last night using a Blender renderer that apparently uses M1's GPUs. Not an idea switch, since it requires much more work, but a possibility. 

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,831

The newest versions of the Octane renderer are reportedly also "compatible" with the M1 Max (whether that means that they can already leverage the power of the M1's GPU cores, I don't know, but my impression is that Octane is moving in that direction).

Obviously, what we'd all like is to see the Iray renderer able to make use of the GPUs on Apple Silicon. Unfortunately, because relations between Apple and Nvidia are a little 'cool' right now, I think that's unlikely to happen. It remains to be seen whether the faster CPU cores in the new Mac M1 silicon allow fast enough emulation of Intel CPUs to make Iray CPU rendering on Mac go a little faster.