Is there a way to add comments to a scene?

When you create a scene it is useful to keep some comments on it in case it needs to be reworked later (on the assets, some color tweaks, specific problems, number of iterations required for a good render and so on). I generally keep it in a separate file but it would be nice if it could be added to the scene.

Maybe there is a builtin way in DS to do that? Or an invisible prop that could be added to a scene and associated with some text by a script? Has anybody a trick?

Comments

• Save your comments as a jpg. Create a plane in the scene, add jpg as a surface texture. Hide plane until you need it. Just came to mind.....

• Add a primitive to your scene, a plane for example. Maybe colour it yellow like a post-it note, but set its Visible in Render property to Off, so it doesn't show up in renders (or just hide it altogether or put it at Y=-10000 or whatever). Call the object "Comments."

Then, in the surfaces tab, the plane's only surface has a property (at the top) called Tags. You can type your notes in there (easier if you click the [...] button first). 

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471

I made a Freebie to do this, see SceneNotes on my freebies page.  here is a direct link:  LINK

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Some PAs just put their notes in the scene tree, in the label field of a null object.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985

You can add notes from the Smart Content Tags sub-tab.  Double click on the "Notes:" box to activate a text entry cursor to enter text. Click Apply Changes to save the note(s).

Screen Shot.jpg
    592 x 1006 - 98K