Super Natural Brows (Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 Males) won't load ANYTHING onto my model.

TheRendererTheRenderer Posts: 23

Hi there everyone.

I recently acquired the super Natural Brows product for Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 Male  https://www.daz3d.com/super-natural-brows-merchant-resource-for-genesis-8-and-3-male.

Unfortunately, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to actually apply any of these material eyebrow presets to my G3M character and get anything to appear in the viewport on my character. I've tripled checked that I'm applying the G3M material presets and not the G8M presets (and tried using the G8M model as well), I've looked at every available resource online including here on these forums to try and find help, I've tried clicking and dragging, and I've looked through every single file included with the product to see if I'm missing a step. Despite all of this, I can't get any eyebrows to load into my scene and it's been very frustrating.

Nothing is showing up as incorrect in my log file which has me even more confused as to what's going on. I even tried restarting my computer and relaunching my Daz 3D Studio application to see if that would change anything and no dice...

Does anyone have any ideas as to what's going on? I can't possibly think of what I'm doing wrong here.

Post edited by TheRenderer on

Comments

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,870

I apologize if I'm misinterpreting, but it sounds like you're trying to load the material presets for Super Natural Brows directly onto G3M/G8M. Is that correct?

If so, that's not how they work. In the Content Library, at least, there should be a brow hairpiece called "Super Natural Brows", and the little database label (probably green) on it should say "Attachment" while the database label on the colors should say "Material(s)" (probably yellow). The attachment gets loaded onto G3M/G8M, and then the material presets are loaded onto that.

Unfortunately, if you're using Smart Content, I don't have much experience with that. I've heard that it can sometimes be tricky to tell the difference between an item and the materials that color that item, but I can't give any advice on what you should be seeing in Smart content for this.

• TheRendererTheRenderer Posts: 23
    edited October 2021

That was it. For some reason, there's ZERO indication on the product page or even in the product directory itself as to where that attachment is located and if you search for the product, the attachment is the one thing that doesn't show up lol. If you hadn't pointed me in the right direction, I would have spent days looking for this thing.

Once I found it, everything was incredibly straight forward and worked as expected.

Thanks for your help!

For anyone else who runs across this problem in the near future. I ended up finding the necessary 'Super Natural Brows' attachment under the Anatomy tab in 'Smart Content'. Make sure you have the right G3F/G8F/G3M/G8M model selected first of course. Once you apply that attachment, you should get access to the shapes and materials no problem through Smart Content.

Post edited by TheRenderer on
  • LeslieTheNerd said:

[...] I would have spent days looking for this thing. [...]

When you look for anything in your computer, first thing you should install when setting up Windows is : Voidtools Everything.

- This way, looking for Super Natural Eyebrows, you could simply type "Super Natural Eyebrows" and find instantly where it is in your DAZ Library.

- Or you could make a more precise search. Let's say your library is in drive Z, you'd type in Voidtools Everything :

"Z:\My DAZ Library\People\" Super Natural Brows

- Or you could type su na ral ws         and also find it.

Voidtools is ultra powerful. Finds anything in a fraction of second no matter how many TB of hard drives you have.

• hansolocambo said:

LeslieTheNerd said:

[...] I would have spent days looking for this thing. [...]

When you look for anything in your computer, first thing you should install when setting up Windows is : Voidtools Everything.

- This way, looking for Super Natural Eyebrows, you could simply type "Super Natural Eyebrows" and find instantly where it is in your DAZ Library.

- Or you could make a more precise search. Let's say your library is in drive Z, you'd type in Voidtools Everything :

"Z:\My DAZ Library\People\" Super Natural Brows

- Or you could type su na ral ws         and also find it.

Voidtools is ultra powerful. Finds anything in a fraction of second no matter how many TB of hard drives you have.

This is completely irrelevant to a usage question, which is what we had here.