Help Installing Fluidos II

Hello! I've been trying to install Fluidos II (as well as the presets, the helper plugins, and the particle simulator) all day, and I can't figure it out. It installed through DIM, but does not show in the installed plugins for me to add the serial number, which I assume is why I can't access the features. I read a few forum posts with similar issues, and I suppose some elements need to be installed manually, but haven't been able to figure out how to do that. There are references to files that don't seem to exist anymore, and I'm not sure which folders to add what content to. Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• You did install the correct (Mac/Windows) plug-in as well as the content and tutorials? And you are using the 64 bit version of Daz Studio?

• arrrtiearrrtie Posts: 13

Richard Haseltine said:

You did install the correct (Mac/Windows) plug-in as well as the content and tutorials? And you are using the 64 bit version of Daz Studio?

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I installed all of the content directly from DIM, and have uninstalled and reinstalled it a few times. 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,440

Doesn't need to be installed manually, just shut down DAZ Studio when you install Fluidos. Uninstall Fluidos with DIM and try again. It's a .dll that needs to be linked at startup.

• NorthOf45 said:

Doesn't need to be installed manually, just shut down DAZ Studio when you install Fluidos. Uninstall Fluidos with DIM and try again. It's a .dll that needs to be linked at startup.

True, though a rstart of DS alone should be enough.

• arrrtiearrrtie Posts: 13
    edited October 2021

NorthOf45 said:

Hi, thanks for your reply. I've tried a few times to uninstall, restart (both my Daz and my PC) a few times, and it's not changing anything. I did notice a pop-up that was appearing behind another window (but wasn't preventing Daz from telling me the installation was finished) that there was an error with C++ however, an image of the error is attached.I  have a newer version of C++ installed, so is Fluidos II not compatible with newer versions off C++? I feel like that can't be the case.

C++.PNG
    489 x 305 - 22K
    Post edited by arrrtie on

Did you get and acknowledge the UAC prompt when installing? When DIM installs something that needs permission, it prompts the user to allow it. It is usually good for the session, or maybe a day, so try again and see if it comes up.

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,411

arrrtie said:

NorthOf45 said:

Hi, thanks for your reply. I've tried a few times to uninstall, restart (both my Daz and my PC) a few times, and it's not changing anything. I did notice a pop-up that was appearing behind another window (but wasn't preventing Daz from telling me the installation was finished) that there was an error with C++ however, an image of the error is attached.I  have a newer version of C++ installed, so is Fluidos II not compatible with newer versions off C++? I feel like that can't be the case.

This message error is a Microsoft thing, it only appears when you already have installed that Redistributable. But it doesn't prevent DIM from correctly finishing the installation of Fluidos II.

• his xhis x Posts: 866
    edited December 2021

Alvin,

I look forward to starting Fluidos, but so far I'm having trouble.

At first I got the MS error saying I needed C++ 2017, but "setup failed." And DAZ gave me the "Some assets needed to load the files are missing" and asked me to reinstall Fluidos II for DAZ.

So, I downloaded and installed the latest MS Visual C++ update and installed it. Numerous DAZ restarts and Fluidos uninstall/reinstalls via the DIM, and a couple of W10 restarts later, and I was no better off than when I started. I'm in a loop. Setup failed -> reinstall fluidos -> etc. That smoking cigar pic you posted is EXACTLY what I want to do, but I need some help with the install.

Thanks...

Ed G.

fluidos fail.png
    481 x 298 - 15K
    fluidos fail 2.png
    541 x 832 - 84K
    visual c++ status.png
    1121 x 203 - 27K
    Post edited by his x on

In DIM, if you "Show Installed Files" are all the listed files blue and underlined? Where does that "Missing Files" popup come from? Did you also try to install via Connect (inside Studio)? Can't do both...

edited December 2021

NorthOf45 said:

In DIM, if you "Show Installed Files" are all the listed files blue and underlined? Where does that "Missing Files" popup come from? Did you also try to install via Connect (inside Studio)? Can't do both...

After installing Fluidos, and after the "install failed" error message, Fluidos does appear in the content dir, as do all the example DUF files. When you try to open one of the DUF files, a scene opens but it is incomplete. There is no example in it. That's when the "missing files" message displays. (I'll verify the intalled files list shortly, it is not possible at this moment.)

The install is trying to verify the presence of a certain C++ file, and that file is available, but the verification process for some reason is not successful.

No, I've not tried installing via Connect. I'll try that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT (the following day)

I've put all the time I have into this. I'm out.

----------

Post edited by his x on

DO NOT install with Connect if you want to stick with DIM. Connect installs content to a different location, and plugins are problematic with Studio running.

NorthOf45 said:

DO NOT install with Connect if you want to stick with DIM. Connect installs content to a different location, and plugins are problematic with Studio running.

I've requested a refund. Boris can do cigarette smoke in Post.

• Greetings,

I understand that this thread is 10 months old but I might be able to help others since I was having the same issue as the OP.

What I had to do is register the Fluidos plugin in the Help Menu -> About Installed Plugins

When I found Fluidos II (In my case) in the list it showed the plugin as disabled and a text entry box for a registration number.

I had purchased the plugin and was able to locate the correct registration number using DIM.

In DIM select the Intalled tab and find the Fluidos product you purchased.

Right click on the product and select the menu option "Show Serial Number..."

A window will appear with the number and a button to copy the number.  Paste this number into the text entry box in DAZ "About Installed Plugins"

Once the number is entered, the status icon should change to green.  Click OK and restart DAZ.  Plugin should be active at this point.