iRay render has skin glitch that viewport doesn't show

example in attachment. I'ts like there's 2 hairs there, between her eyes, 

when I'm creating the model it doesn't show in viewport, only in the rendered result

I'm rendering with ultra HD with 5000 max samples. I don't believe I've changed any other render settings apart from this

thanks for the reply!

2021-10-26 21_45_41-Window.jpg
1283 x 728 - 698K
2021-10-26 21_46_59-Window.jpg
718 x 388 - 183K

Comments

• thank you so much!

• It's also possible that's being caused by the hair.

If margrave's solution doesn't solve it, try adjusting the hair's Z-scale, or, if present, use the "Forehead adjustment" in the hair.

A 1-2% adjustment usually solves it, but sometimes a higher setting may be necessary.

• It's funny that I was just about to make a post about what I think might be the same thing. I was able to edit out the lines in GIMP fairly well, but looking at the side by side, you can see where they were at. I'll check out these troubleshooting steps if I encounter this issue again. 

Claire Huber - Completed.png
    1014 x 1080 - 1M
    Claire Huber.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • jasont60jasont60 Posts: 10
    edited October 2021

You can also try adding a small push modifier/mesh offset of 0.05ish to the offending object. scene/edit/geometry/add push modifier. I've gone as high as 0.10 w/o messing things up. This also works with things like wetskin geoshells.

Post edited by jasont60 on
  • margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

jasont60 said:

You can also try adding a small push modifier/mesh offset of 0.05ish to the offending object. scene/edit/geometry/add push modifier. I've gone as high as 0.10 w/o messing things up. This also works with things like wetskin geoshells. 

Geoshells already have a mesh offset parameter, so there's really no point adding a push modifier.