Genesis and 'use limits' problem in Poser

glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,311
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

The 1st image shows Genesis 2 female base loaded in Poser Pro 2014, nothing done (except removing materials), the figure shows just fine.....

Now in the 2nd image the option 'Use Limits' is set in Poser; notice the strange effects on the breast... and the bar behind her head is actually her tongue!.

Anyone any idea why this happens (and can it be fixed)? Using the üse limits option can be very helpful in setting up an initial pose...... before fine tuning it beyond the limits if so desired.....

g2f-pp14-limits.JPG
680 x 400 - 23K
g2f-pp14.JPG
680 x 380 - 30K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,987
    edited December 1969

Try zeroing the figure - it looks as if something is driving one of the pectoral bones and the tongue root in an odd way.

edited December 1969

OK, zeroing doesn't work. I see the twist on the breast controls, and another on the hips, but I don't get the tongue effect. I will report this as a bug.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,793
    edited February 2015

I filed a bug report on a similar issue a couple of years ago and iI don't think it's ever been addressed. :roll:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/18725/

Either leave it unchecked, or figure out which ERC has mucked up limits.......

Edited....

Post edited by WandW on
  • glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,311
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the input......

The tongue (and jaws) problem only occur with G2F, the pectoral problems are with genesis, G2F and G2M
    So maybe it is indeed a problem caused by one or more of those gazillion shape/morph sets (not to mention the mix with gen3/gen4 shape/morphs thanks to GenX :lol: )

I guess I'l just have to remember to not set limits in Poser when using genesis(2)

edited December 1969

I'm not sure it can be as simple as bad limits - if it was the issue would show on load in DS, since that has limits on by default. Also, I couldn't see anything odd looking at the pectoral bone linkages in DS' Property Hierarchy.

edited February 2015

Whilst I don't see the problem with the tongue base, it is certainly a similar issue with the the collar actors as with Genesis 1. It happens in both the Male and Female versions The Upper and Lower limits for the x,y and z rot and trans _ERC_TGT are 2147480064 for both collars. Since this is not happening in Studio, it must be an issue with the DSON Importer.

I'm using Poser Pro Game Dev, build 10.0.5.28445, ..

Genesis_2_collar_problem.jpg
    536 x 617 - 27K
    Post edited by WandW on
    edited December 1969

I discovered that I hadn't updated to the latest DSON importer, which I did, and it still occurs. It also still occurs with Genesis 1, which I reported as a bug almost two years ago.

Putting a minus sign on the lower limit value for each of the _ERC_TGT values before clicking on Use Limits fixes it, although a limit of +/- 2 billion isn't much of a limit..... :-)