Hairstyle(s)

DynamedionDynamedion Posts: 5
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

Hey all,

I have been constantly browsing through hairstyles for male figures, but most of them are a disappointment and totally unrealistic.
No offense, but yeah, I believe we lack HD contemporary hairstyles (I saw what, a couple of them?).

I'd really like it if someone got inspired by keywords of type "men hairstyles 2015" in a Google (not mandatory) search.

As I am finishing my character, so I want to make this topic more specific. I am looking for a hairstyle like the ones I've attached. I have found a close one, but it's kind of extravagant.

Thank you for your attention!

P.S. If I've still missed a similar one on the store, please, let me know.
P.S.2 Parameters that control the volume of the hair on top would be a great addition!
P.S.3 Compatibility with Genesis, Michael, etc. is encouraged.

t3hair.jpg
456 x 614 - 254K
t2hair.jpg
460 x 613 - 97K
t1hair.jpg
736 x 1018 - 81K

Comments

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

This looks quite like Mihai Hair. If you need similar hairstyles, check Neftis (on sale now, by the way).

• DynamedionDynamedion Posts: 5
    edited February 2015

Thank you, Mihai kind of looks similar indeed, though I need to test the ease of its customization (if any).

Hope I had a more accurate model, because I am photo-fitting the face already with FaceGen and assimilating its anatomy as closely as possible, but still, thanks!

P.S. Pity, no editability and no fit to... function! :o

Post edited by Dynamedion on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Thank you, Mihai kind of looks similar indeed, though I need to test the ease of its customization (if any).

Hope I had a more accurate model, because I am photo-fitting the face already with FaceGen and assimilating its anatomy as closely as possible, but still, thanks!

Mihai Hair was made for Michael 3 (so it predates Genesis 2 figures by several years) but you should be able to parent it to the head of any figure and manually adjust the scaling for a pretty close fit.

You might consider Real Short Hair as well...not as close to your desired style as Mihai, but it is very realistic and can be shaped into a wide variety of different looks.

• DynamedionDynamedion Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

Yeah, this is how I ended up doing it. Thanks for your input :)

• AdemnusAdemnus Posts: 744
    edited December 1969

Mihai Hair was made for Michael 3 (so it predates Genesis 2 figures by several years) but you should be able to parent it to the head of any figure and manually adjust the scaling for a pretty close fit.

You might consider Real Short Hair as well...not as close to your desired style as Mihai, but it is very realistic and can be shaped into a wide variety of different looks.

Real Short Hair is excellent and a valuable part of my toolbox. I just wish it went behind the ears a bit better. But I see it is a frontrunner of what I hope to be a good trend for gen2m hair. If you don't have this hair, folks, you should.

• AdemnusAdemnus Posts: 744
    edited February 2015

Adding my voice to the mix, while there are somewhat similar styles, particularly for older gens, I'd just love the simple hairstyles for g2 men, like mr' hotness's hair here.

I also think we need a really well-made "real hair" type product for crewcuts!!!

ct1.jpg
    500 x 607 - 119K
    Post edited by Ademnus on