Animation

Trying to animate. I have 24 frames. The tutorial said to go int editing software and import file as an image sequence. "what is my editing software?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041

24 frames you are probably better off making a gif

you can do that in Gimp importing as layers and saving as filetype gif animated looped forever

otherwise Hitfilm Express is free and will import an image series

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Blender has a built-in video editor that can import image sequences.

• dennisgray41 said:

Trying to animate. I have 24 frames. The tutorial said to go int editing software and import file as an image sequence. "what is my editing software?

They're talking about Video editing software, or NLE(non-linear editors).

Davinci resolve(there's a free version), Magix Vegas, Final cut(mac), Premiere pro and a heap ton of others.

• dennisgray41 said:

If you have access to a Linux box:

ffmpeg -r 30 -i %02d.png out.mp4

And you're done.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041

I also used to drag and drop into VirtualDub, render an avi then transpose that to an mp4 with Handbrake.

Hitfilm just gives you so many postwork options, you can take your 24 images and add filters to make a much more exciting animation, using temporal to reverse it and loop, add lightflares, 3D particles (express has fire, clouds and crumbling blocks)

I use Blender video editor too as that handles much larger images, I can do mp4 videos of 8K spherical renders in it for example 

• marblemarble Posts: 7,482

I used Blender for a long time but DaVinci Resolve is even better. The free version is quite comprehensive. It recognoses an image sequence and imports as a single media entity just like any video file.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,820
    I use the free Davinci resolve for all post production. Has everything you would need.