trouble zeroing expressions on 8.1

Hi,

I've got Ultimate Zero but, it isn't working to zero the expressions on an 8.1 figure. I can't select a different expression without it being weird either. I've even tried selecting all the face bones to zero but no joy. Help.

Thanks

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Did you try zeroing out the 8.1 FACS rig?

• AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718

margrave said:

Did you try zeroing out the 8.1 FACS rig?

how do I do that?

Select the FACS face rig and its children, then zero them out with the Edit menu.

margrave said:

Select the FACS face rig and its children, then zero them out with the Edit menu.

Thanks, I'm assuming you mean the Face Control Rig that you have to buy separately. I haven't used it. 

AbnerK said:

margrave said:

Thanks, I'm assuming you mean the Face Control Rig that you have to buy separately. I haven't used it. 

You have to buy it separately for Genesis 3 and Genesis 8. It's included with Genesis 8.1 for free. I assume whatever pose pack you're using is controlling the face rig, which is why you can't zero it out.

margrave said:

You have to buy it separately for Genesis 3 and Genesis 8. It's included with Genesis 8.1 for free. I assume whatever pose pack you're using is controlling the face rig, which is why you can't zero it out.

it's free with 8.1? I didn't realise that. Well, the expression I used had used the sliders and they were locked!  I'd used Ultimate 0 to try to fix it but it doesn't unlock them. I only found it when I clicked on currently used. I had to manually unlock them and so I know it's not something I accidentally did in on click. I went from the smile to another happy expression immediately because the smile looked too much. It seems crazy that an expression should lock sliders. It could have been a glitch but, anyway. Thanks so much for the info. I didn't know the face rig was included. I don't pay that much attention, it's supposed to be fun. :D

You can always open a support ticket requesting the product be fixed, or made more convenient with a script to unlock the sliders.

• whenever I've submitted tickets they get back and say send the file, when I do, because I've got custom characters and morphs they reject it. They won't even look.