Old solution for expressions on G8.1 not working for anyone else?

Hello everyone! Hope you guys are well. 
So, does anyone else have a problem with getting the old G8 expressions to work on G8.1 despite using the solution provided on the forum; hide or delete the Base Pose Head and or Expression folders for genesis 8.1 male, for example? I have tried it for a while now and less then half of the genesis 8 male epressions work on my genesis 8.1 male character in my scene, others are just duplicates of the same (minor) expressions made.. Any help at all would be deeply appriciated. :) 

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Do you use DAZ Connect, ie. do you install/update your content within DS?

• I used Daz Install manager last time but I used Daz Central this time. Computer wouldn't let me download Daz Install Manager. 

Are you using DS in online or offline mode?

What do you have selected in DS Preferences?

StartUp.JPG
    522 x 244 - 21K
  • I usaly sign in and use it online. 

I have everything checked in but the 'Automatically Login with Rememberd Credentials'. 

Creatortwin95 said:

I usaly sign in and use it online. 

I have everything checked in but the 'Automatically Login with Rememberd Credentials'. 

Ok, not something I would recommend when using DIM or DAZ Central to install content.

The only reason to log in/sign in to DS, is to use DAZ Connect inside DS to install/update content and when doing that, the content gets installed to another location (second time) which is at least wasting disk space and causing havoc with products that are looking for files in DAZ Central/DIM installed locations.

When you go to Smart Content tab, do the thumbnails have a white circle with a down-arrow on their top right corner?, if not, you have also used DAZ Connect to install the content that has already been installed with DAZ Central or DIM.

• Okay, thanks for pointing that out, I'll remember that. 
    As it turns out most if not all of my products have the circle and the arrow you describe. 

Ok, what does your Content Directory Manager say about Content Library Paths?

You need to check if the Genesis 8.1 morphs have been installed with DAZ Connect, but first you need to find where DAZ Connect does install the products.

The DAZ Connect installed products would be found in my case in E:\My Daz Connect Library\Data\Cloud\[product identification number]\

The 'Product identification number' for 'Genesis 8 Starter Essentials' would be 1_42071, if you can find a folder with that name, that would explain why the instructions haven't worked.

ContentDirMan.JPG
    384 x 240 - 19K
    PathToContDirMan.JPG
    564 x 532 - 60K
  • So, I checked and I the only maps I have is named 1_7873 and meta. Appearnly Daz checked 'Assing new products to "new" group. Any ideas what I do now? :)

How many folders do you have under "DAZ Studio Formats" in "Content Directory Manager" and which one does have the "Genesis 8 Starter Essentials" installed, can they be found on just one place?

If you search you drives with Windows Explorer, how many files do you find with the name "eCTRLShock_HD.dsf" and where are they located?

About to sign out, but to make sure you have followed working instructions, 

Making the G8 base expressions (and any expressions that are using them) work on G8.1 requires removing dummy/placeholder expressions that are installed to G8.1 morph folders - These dummy/placeholder expression files have no other function than to prevent the base G8 expressions from loading. 

The dummy/placeholder files are located in;

...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files)

Please make sure you are removing the files from G8.1 morph folders and not G8 morph folders.

• I have three folders. Genesis Starter Essentials can only be found in one folder. 

14 files with the name eCTRLShock_HD.dsf in two diffrent folders. 8 in Daz3D/Applications/Data/Daz3D/My Daz3D Library/data/Daz3D/Genesis 8/Male 8_1/Morphs/Daz3D/Expressions. 
    The other 6 are in User/Shared/Shared Documents/My Daz3D Library/data/ Daz3D/Genesis 8/Male/Morphs/Daz3D/Expressions. Same goes for the genesis 8 female. 

edited October 2021

Creatortwin95 said:

I have three folders. Genesis Starter Essentials can only be found in one folder. 

14 files with the name eCTRLShock_HD.dsf in two diffrent folders. 8 in Daz3D/Applications/Data/Daz3D/My Daz3D Library/data/Daz3D/Genesis 8/Male 8_1/Morphs/Daz3D/Expressions. 
    The other 6 are in User/Shared/Shared Documents/My Daz3D Library/data/ Daz3D/Genesis 8/Male/Morphs/Daz3D/Expressions. Same goes for the genesis 8 female. 

Remove the files in Daz3D/Applications/Data/Daz3D/My Daz3D Library/data/Daz3D/Genesis 8/Male 8_1/Morphs/Daz3D/Expressions/ and 
    Daz3D/Applications/Data/Daz3D/My Daz3D Library/data/Daz3D/Genesis 8/Male 8_1/Morphs/Daz3D/Base Pose Head/ 

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • Creatortwin95Creatortwin95 Posts: 44
    edited October 2021

Oh, How silly of me, I forgot to mention that I have alredy removed those files from the Genesis 8.1 male folders. Both the Base Pose Head and Expression. 

Edit. I double checked and saw that I hadn't removed them. 
    Edit II: They seem to work now, thank you so so much for taking the time to help me! :D

Post edited by Creatortwin95 on