Duplicate Formulas ... again ... and still

DekeSladeDekeSlade Posts: 127

I've been around and around and out of my mind on this subject since I first started using Daz. I've written about it before, I've read encyclopedias worth on the subject. I can cook dinner, eat it, and walk the dog in the time it takes to load a project. Loading a single character is at least a cigarette. Here’s my log. I need help and, please, tell it to me like I’m in pre-school. Most answers I’ve read say change this or this and assume that someone as dumb as me knows what they’re talking about. I don’t. I’m an idiot. For all of my frustration, and that I’ve seen others wrestle with, I’m amazed this isn’t something Daz has addressed. While I own that this is likely a user caused issue or a R.T.F.M. situation, it’s common enough that there should be a more clear and definitive resolution. I’m not oblivious to software limitations but if it’s something like misplaced files or renaming files or multiple files with the same name, other programs have had these issues and offer a resolve. I do video production. If I move some or all of the files within a project it pops up and gives me the option of setting a new path or searching for them. If the search gives multiple files with the same name it asks me which I want to use. But since Daz doesn’t do this and I inevitably had to inhale after holding my breath for ages, someone, have mercy on me. Hold my hand, step by tortuous step. I’m begging, please, and a million multiplied by a million thanks to that someone who can. Prepare to cringe, here is my log after adding just the default 8.1

[log entries removed for legibility]

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• DekeSladeDekeSlade Posts: 127

Egads, between post size limitations and timeouts I had enough time to load the scene I'm working on! SO! Now what in the h-e-double hockey pucks do I do?

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126

So why not just attach the log file to your post?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,357
    edited October 2021

It would be less painful if you attached the log as a text file, rather than trying to paste it into posts. In any event, a search of the page doesn't show any duplicate formula messages in the log.

Sorry, I have now split the log out - it was ttoally unusable, and it lacked the previous actions which may be unrelated but may have something to do with the excesdsive number of warnings you appeared to be receiving. Just attach the log file itself, or upload it to One Drive/Google Drive/Dropbox etc. and post a link.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Sorry, went through all that trouble just to make it absolutely clear that I'm a dolt desperately in need of toddler level help. Here ya go!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zaaaNgJW3hNLEUSf9uXkMs2SF3h9eszm/view?usp=sharing

• charlescharles Posts: 810

I didn't see a duplicate formula error. And it looks like it loaded in 3 minutes.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

You have two Duplicate Formula errors in that list, a character by P3Design called "Daphne", you have at least one other character by that name installed, and it's the poor naming of the asset IDs in both products that's causing the conflict between the two.

Those Alias warnings means you have a seriously large number of files that are so badly done that they wont load.

• Report the P3D daphne character to support - even if it isn't a Daz store product that it is clashing with it would be sensible to update the names to avoid potential conflicts.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Bejaymac said:

Those Alias warnings means you have a seriously large number of files that are so badly done that they wont load.

Quite common with alias morphs, which is why I have deleted all of them exept the ones in ...\Morphs\DAZ 3D\ (due to some badly made morphs referencing the base alias morphs instead of the actual morphs)

edited October 2021

charles, can't pretend that I understand anything in the logs hence why I'm here but the "Duplicate Formulas" error is a pop-up, screen cap below because now I know you can add that stuff!

Bejaymac & Richard Haseltine when it comes to this Daphne, besides reporting it can I delete her? How do I scrub her from existance? If I lose her from some other piece I have I'll suffer through replacing her if it gets me out of this.

Alias warnings: which goes to both PerttiA & Benjay again ... much like the previous, what can I do about it? I have an entire drive dedicated to content, in theory to keep things faster and organized so not all my paths are the default.

Do most people have none of this nonsense? I tend to build fairly complicated scenes and expect that there will be overhead and performance costs, but generally speaking I don’t have an issue working or rendering, it’s just these load times and related issues that pushed me away from Daz3d for quite a while. Recently inspired, and with a hope that perhaps some of what I had experienced had been fixed, I’m back. I love creating and pretty decent with a number of programs for music, film, of course Photoshop etc, and none make me feel as beat up or defeated as Daz3d. Yet I love the possibilities, something about the style that I just dig. I’m hoping someone will help me get this figured out cuz I’d like to follow through with this new project and restart my previous efforts. I’ve put hundreds of hours in and would hate for it to all be for not.  

Duplicate.jpg
    623 x 120 - 15K
    Post edited by DekeSlade on
  • How did you isntall Daphne? Daz Install Manager or Daz Central will have an option to uninstall, if you installed through Daz Studio itself you can find the uninstall comand by right-clicking on Daphne's container in Products>D in the Content Library pane.

With Genesis 1-8.1 figures, all the morphs and expressions are created for the base figure and available with the base figure selected in the 'Parameters Tab', some creators are also creating 'Alias' versions for those morphs and expressions, which are essentially duplicate dials that can be found when selecting the figure's head, hands, etc.

In principle, the alias morphs are handy, but they increase the number of morphs that has to be loaded to the character and the loading time of a figure when you have a lot of morphs is already pushing the patience and quite a lot of those alias morphs are badly created so that they don't load at all, in which case their effect is just increasing the load time of the figure.

Any and all morphs that are installed for the base figures, can be found in "...\Data\DAZ 3D\[figure generation]\[figure gender]\Morphs\" and the subfolders in there, just search that location with Windows Explorer for "alias" and delete the ones with the filename starting with "Alias" and are not located in "...\Morphs\Daz 3D\" and the subfolders in there.

Richard Haseltine  Didn't use an installer, just draged and dropped.

PerttiA backing up those folders and gonna take an axe to em. Crossing fingers ;)

• To clarify for the reading audience...

The two products that are causing this conflict are Daphne for Olympia 8(https://www.daz3d.com/daphne-for-olympia-8 ) and P3D The Girl 8 Enhanced Morphs Pack( https://www.daz3d.com/p3d-the-girl-8-enhanced-morphs-pack).

And it looks like this issue has already been addressed, just need to update to the latest version of the P3D product.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/53349/file_list

• Bejaymac said:

Given the volumetric ton of missing content op has in the log, the alias errors are, more than likely, related to that.

I haven't seen an alias dial cause the problem youre referring to, so if you could, point me to an example please, i'd be interested to see how that works.

DrunkMonkeyProductions said:

Bejaymac said:

Given the volumetric ton of missing content op has in the log, the alias errors are, more than likely, related to that.

Missing content has nothing to do with it, everything the alias morph needs, has to be installed if the alias morph has been installed. If the alias morph is not installed, DS has no knowledge of such morph and will not write "Alias property not added to node." and "Property alias not created!" into the log - In order to get these in the log, the alias morph has to be installed, but there is a problem in how it is made, therefore DS cannot add it to the figure.

I haven't seen an alias dial cause the problem youre referring to, so if you could, point me to an example please, i'd be interested to see how that works.

It is quite hard to locate the ones with problems, as the only clue you get is:

2021-10-22 19:16:50.530 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(9371): Alias property not added to node.
    2021-10-22 19:16:50.530 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1819): Property alias not created!

No identification as to which alias morph it is that has the problem, and as it is not created, there will not be alias dials for them either.
    Last spring when I was cleaning up the system, I did manage to identify a few that didn't load, and when reading the code inside the morph I did find the problems, but don't remember which ones they were.

Getting rid of all non Daz3D alias morphs, gets rid of those lines as well.

• I finally managed to replicate the "Alias property not added to node/Property Alias not created!" errors.

(Yeah me, and dang it i want a cookie!)

In this specific case, it wasn't a malformed file or other error, there were two copies of the alias DSF in the folder along with two copies of the morph dial.

The file names weren't exactly the same, but the contents of the files were in both cases.

Something else to be aware of when troubleshooting this type of issue.

This particular issue, appears, to also have been corrected with an update.

I did also find that if a DSF referenced by the Alias file isn't present it produces a different error, in this test case.

"Alias property reference not found:(missing file), Property alias not created" were the specific errors.

If you see that error, make sure content is fully installed.

and back to op's problem.

----------------------------------------------------

I feel like a complete dufus at this point for missing one of the obvious issues.

The op is loading Genesis 8.1 Female not 8 female.

For those not aware, there's a path problem with certain assets and 8.1.

Specifically, assets that reference anything in the, Data\Daz 3D\Genesis 8\Female, folder are going to cause a "File output property not found" error when loading a Genesis 8.1.
    Even if the equivalent morph is present in the, Data\daz 3d\Genesis 8\Female 8_1, folder, the link can't be created as the paths are wrong.

• PerttiA said:

DrunkMonkeyProductions said:

Bejaymac said:

Missing content has nothing to do with it, everything the alias morph needs, has to be installed if the alias morph has been installed.

That assumes a properly packaged asset and a proper installation.

There's myriad threads about "missing parts" to content packages, so it's not unreasonable that a package may include the alias dsf, but not the base dsf, or something borked in the install.

This thread is a prime example of things getting through QA causing an error to users.

PerttiA said:

... but there is a problem in how it is made, therefore DS cannot add it to the figure.

That is, one, possibility.

There could also be the equivalent of a "duplicate formula error", where two alias dials have the same 'name' and results in a direct conflict, even if all other information is different.

In the file itself, just change the "Name" under the "Modifier library" section and you'll generate the error.

I tested this with the Genesis 8 female starter essentials, only, changing the name of the Alias "Angry" to "Afraid", in the modifier library section of the angry file to read eCTRLAfraid, instead of eCTRLAngry, making no other modifications to the file.

Which one actually loaded?

Angry, as it was processed after Afraid.

I do now have one question.

Are Alias dials not cached, like other morph files, or am i just missing them in the cache file?