Conversion: Genesis 8.1 Female to Genesis 8 Female

I have a good feeling what the answer will be...but on the off chance it is possible, I can't figure it out.

I want to convert Echo HD Genesis 8.1 Female to a Genesis 8 female so that I can combine some of her features with Addy Hazel of Genesis 8 Female. Unfortunately I can't just off the cuff do it because they are literally two different Genesis figures (even if Echo is located under Genesis 8 Female). .

I have Daz Studio 4.11 (won't migrate due to a few reasons) and I'm able to load both figures flawlessly into the scene.

Thank you.

Comments

• A Genesis 8 character will apply to Genesis 8.1, as long as you are using Daz Studio 4.15.x.x. You can't go the other way with HD morphs as there is no way to transfer them (and if it uses the 8.1 UVs the textures won't be usable on 8 without a lot of fiddling that will essentially turn the 8 into an 8.1 anyway).

• Richard Haseltine said:

A Genesis 8 character will apply to Genesis 8.1, as long as you are using Daz Studio 4.15.x.x. You can't go the other way with HD morphs as there is no way to transfer them (and if it uses the 8.1 UVs the textures won't be usable on 8 without a lot of fiddling that will essentially turn the 8 into an 8.1 anyway).

Hmmm. I was starting to think that was the case. I tried various conversions and they just ended up crashing Daz in the end.  I'm going to see if I can't install 4.15 alongside 4.11, use 4.15 to apply the morphs from both character models to a single G8.1 character, save and reload it in 4.11.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077
    edited October 2021

@mathiasdeckman "I'm going to see if I can't install 4.15 alongside 4.11, "

A BETA version can always be installed along with a Release version. Teh Beta will be a separate install.

Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • fastbike1 said:

@mathiasdeckman "I'm going to see if I can't install 4.15 alongside 4.11, "

A BETA version can always be installed along with a Release version. Teh Beta will be a separate install.

Yes, aware of that, but I don't trust Beta versions of much stuff. I did manage to get the pro working along side the previous.

I also managed to get Echo and Addy Hazel into a Genesis 8.1 female and loaded it in a few minutes in 4.11.  I had to combine them in 4.15 though. Conveluted, but it works.

• charlescharles Posts: 810

If you are wanting to blend characters textures together you will need to convert the head and body texturs of the 8.1 into a torso of the 8 using the Surface->Map Transfer tool.

• charles said:

If you are wanting to blend characters textures together you will need to convert the head and body texturs of the 8.1 into a torso of the 8 using the Surface->Map Transfer tool.

Thank you...but i'm not quite to that stage yet...and I'm very familiar with Photoshop.