Remember a pose without saving - Solved

3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471

Is there a way in DS to remember a pose without saving it?  I think in Poser there were pose dots.  You could clikc the dot and it was like a temp save of that pose.

I often need to revert to Zero pose to load and parent a prop, after the charater is already posed.  I just want to zero, set teh prop, then go back to the pose it was in.

(searching Pose dots is bringing me to power pose stuff, and remember pose leads to a ton of different things on search)

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on

Comments

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471

I may have just found it:

Memorize Figure Pose
    Temporarily memorize the current pose settings for the selected figure.

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Don't use zeroing with a memorized pose, or it'll be lost. You need to use restore instead.

• You can do it via the clipboard.

Edit > Copy > Copy Figure to store the pose (among other things)

Edit > Paste > Paste Figure Pose to pose the figure again

chris-2599934 said:

You can do it via the clipboard.

Edit > Copy > Copy Figure to store the pose (among other things)

Edit > Paste > Paste Figure Pose to pose the figure again

Ah!  Memorize worked, but I probably should have thought of that one.  Sometimes I make things more difficult than they need to be  ;-)

• Memorize has the side effect of changing the default values of all the joint bends and other morph dials to match your figure's current pose/shape.

i.e.: Load a figure, bend their right forearm 45 degrees, memorise pose. Click on the forearm and you'll see that its bend default value is now 45 degrees instead of 0.

It also determines the pose dforce simulations start from if you "start from memorised pose."

chris-2599934 said:

Memorize has the side effect of changing the default values of all the joint bends and other morph dials to match your figure's current pose/shape.

Dang...that sounds like a bug!  I used it for a Halloween scene, which is done, so no worries, but I would not have wanted/expected it to do that  :(

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 749

Try the Puppeteer pane, it's awesome for this. While the idea is to allow you to create some kind of animation (it can "shift" between poses) it can also be used to store several poses of the same figure within the same project, even if they don't provide any means for animation at all.