renders freeze my computer

I have an acer nitro 5, rtx 3070 laptop version, with 16 gb ram.

Renders went perfectly fine, never with an issue until a couple days ago. Now, if I have an intense scene to render, my whole computer will freeze. I am forced to turn off the computer, or it will just BSOD after a couple minutes. 

Any idea what the problem could be?

Comments

• If it's only just started the obvious suspects would be an update - Windows, graphics driver, or security software most likely.

• Windows is up to date, and graphics is up to date (I used DDU to remove it, then re-installed).

By security software, you mean an anti-virus? I don't have one installed currently either.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

rcaukwell said:

By security software, you mean an anti-virus? I don't have one installed currently either.

Have you disabled the default one that's included in Windows then? 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

You need to reduce the affinty core count to be 1/2 of the total used in DAZ Studio - Render Settings - Advanced. It's near the bottom. Even then it will still stutter on you so go all the way down to 2 cores or 1/4 or 1/3 cores; especially if you are GPU rendering.

The other case is you are GPU rendering and the scene kicks out of the GPU for lack of VRAM and goes to the CPU. In this case check / uncheck as appropriate "Don't allow fallback to CPU". Then what will happen is the scene won't render if it's too big for GPU VRAM and you can then make adjustments to your scene file until it renders in the GPU.