Interesting problem

Look at the images . the figure in quesiton is ULRIKE Gen 8. when I first rendered her she looks like the first images. Later renders she got darker and darker. Until now look at her. (she's on the left in the forest scene) This does not affect other figures and I've never encountered this before.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?  I could morph a lighter skin toned on Ulrike but then that would nullify her makeup and I'd have to use the makeup of the figure I morphed to her. 

suggestions? 

ABC Gigi 1.jpeg
935 x 820 - 160K
ABC both 8.png
935 x 820 - 1M
ABC stroll.jpeg
935 x 820 - 335K

Comments

• Difference in the lighting?

• I have not changed anything like lighting. I just load the figure, set the scene and this is what I'm getting. 

Here's the latest 

I set the exposure under the tonemapper opti tool ( i usually set it at 14-14.75) this time I left it at 13 the default setting and still....

ABC stroll 3.png
    935 x 820 - 1M
  • I guess I will ask about the on-camera light ... do you turn it off? In the first scene, it looks like she is getting a lot of light from the camera which would maker her look lighter.

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

Ya, your largely fighting yourself with your lighting workflow frankly.  Not an uncommon thing though actually.

https://www.daz3d.com/ulrike-hd-for-genesis-8-female ; She's a pretty pale lass.

But, to start with, turn the camera light OFF, reset any tone mapping to default & put your model into a known Environment. An HDR, or Sun-Sky preferably is pretty much a must to evaluate, well, pretty much anything really, but skin in particular. Find a scene that uses one of those or make one, then make a Render Settings preset.

I don't have that model, but this pretty much applies to ANY Gen3 on up model using Iray textures.