Daz Program - Won't Load - SOLVED - Pending Explantion

Gemini QueenGemini Queen Posts: 263

So I hoped on the computer to start my work, and the program loaded, but it only loaded the multiple undocked panes that I had and not the main screen with the save, load, new project, etc. I tried uninstalling and re-installing it, and I'll let you guys know how that goes. Is there a certain reason that this happens that anyone can think of? 

EDIT - Uninstalled it and re-installed it and that did nothing. I've seen some other people with this issue, and I'm gonna see if what they say works. 

EDIT 1.2 - I'm following these steps from this -

https://www.reddit.com/r/Daz3D/comments/mus68v/daz_not_opening_properly_even_after_reinstall/

Hopefully this works. 

EDIT 1.3 - Success! This method here worked out in restoring the program. However, BEWARE! This will delete all of your Daz purchased products. All the things in your content library will still be there and still work and all your saved scenes should still be there. But everything in the Smart Content will have to be re-installed manually. 

So even though I got this back working and am actively installing everything again, I really need to know what caused this. It gave me a scare and has effectively ruined my night as far as work goes. Is it cause I had undocked panes? Too many undocked panes? I had them spread out across my two screens, but it's never been a problem. 

Any light on this would be great. 

Post edited by Gemini Queen on

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,253
    edited October 2021

Gemini Queen said:

So I hoped on the computer to start my work, and the program loaded, but it only loaded the multiple undocked panes that I had and not the main screen with the save, load, new project, etc. I tried uninstalling and re-installing it, and I'll let you guys know how that goes. Is there a certain reason that this happens that anyone can think of? 

EDIT - Uninstalled it and re-installed it and that did nothing. I've seen some other people with this issue, and I'm gonna see if what they say works. 

EDIT 1.2 - I'm following these steps from this -

https://www.reddit.com/r/Daz3D/comments/mus68v/daz_not_opening_properly_even_after_reinstall/

Hopefully this works. 

EDIT 1.3 - Success! This method here worked out in restoring the program. However, BEWARE! This will delete all of your Daz purchased products. All the things in your content library will still be there and still work and all your saved scenes should still be there. But everything in the Smart Content will have to be re-installed manually. 

So even though I got this back working and am actively installing everything again, I really need to know what caused this. It gave me a scare and has effectively ruined my night as far as work goes. Is it cause I had undocked panes? Too many undocked panes? I had them spread out across my two screens, but it's never been a problem. 

Any light on this would be great. 

crying sniff, you no asked here first, sniff crying

White screen = > tends to mean that D/S was open &/or still running when reinstallation took place. All one normally has to do then is to close D/S and make sure it is not running [check the Task Manager]. Then uninstall and reinstall D/S. And all the Smart Content etc. would still be there ready and waiting for use.

Of course if you removed all the application data the Smart Content isn't going to work too well. I have never done that. It might be possible to use the Content Manager to reimport all the meta data and rewrite all those files. The Registry Editor is not a playground. For anybody reading these posts - if you don't know what you're doing, do NOT touch anything in the Registry. You can kill the OS. {which is not likely one's goal although there have been a few times I could have thrown the whole machine out the window}

By the by, whenever upon those few occasions when the layout goes totally goofy, if you can switch to another layout, then switch back, the matter is often resolved.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • I did check Task manager when the screen was going white, and nothing was there (prior to uninstalling and re-installing) but next time it happens, I'll look there again. However, ever since this, anytime that I try to use Nvidia IRAY mode for anything that I was working on previously, the entire computer freezes. No CTRL ALT Delete, no shift, no windows button, everything freezes up. I sat the other night and waited almost 30 minutes for it t unfreeze, and nothing happened. I'm going to create a new large scene and see if it does the same thing, but it might just be that my files are corrupted.