Re: Gel Light in Shader Mixer

Gel Light [Documentation Center] (daz3d.com)

This is a link to the Documentation. It merely describes the Gel Light but does not provide further information on practically using it inside Daz Studio.

Is there a tutorial that covers how to set up the RSL shader nodes using the Gel Light Root  (Under Brickyard) ?

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited October 2021

Umm...there's the tut right there in your link. Just set it up as shown in the picture and it should work. To make the brick inputs visible go to the mini menu of the brick and toggle "show advanced". A personal reflection: I would not use the falloff brick to set the light to use zero falloff, makes no sense to me, as I want my lights to behave naturally and the light is by default set to use a physically correct falloff. Just leave it out. 

When you have set it up in SM create the light, select it and you can edit the settings in parameters/light. If you use a physically correct falloff you need to add zeroes to intensity to make it show, depending on distance. Use numbers like 100000 etc.

Don't forget to set raytraced shadows on and add blur for softer shadows (unless you don't want the light to cast shadows).

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Btw, if you own the AoA spotlight you can use that. It supports gels (gobos) and is pretty straight forward to use, can blur and scale/tile the mask easily.

• Thanks for the replies.