C66 Graphics Plug-in - Additional Elaboration

So I saw this product - 

https://www.daz3d.com/billboard-builder

And I want this so bad. However, for this to work it says that I have to have this - 

https://www.daz3d.com/c66-graphics-plug-in

I know that sometimes, you can kind of get away with buying something without buying the "required" part. However, I honestly don't understand this plug in and how it would benefit me to have it before purchasing my billboard maker. If someone could shed some light on this plug in and why I should be using it/why I have to have it before getting the Billboard Builder, that would be appreciated. 

Comments

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,849

Why do you need to buy cables to connect the aerial and the wall socket to your TV?

The C66 plugin does the same. It makes the Billboard Builder and the Ultra Scenery Toolbox work. At all.
    No plugin? Billboard Builder is so much wasted space.

• Well, if that's all it is, then I guess I'll have to get it. 

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

I asked sort of the same question over on the Ultra Scenery forum (so far, just crickets).  I don't have either, yet, but considering what a number of other Code 66 and HowieFarkes creations (UltraScenery, UltraScatter,etc.) already do, it's only a matter of time.  I'm sort of reading between the lines that there may be any number of products that'll be able to use this. Howie's UltraScenery Accelerator was jaw dropping when first released; 20-30X is typical.

But yes, I agree.  As with many of Code 66's products, something more visual as in a video would go a long way.  The guy needs much better PR, don'ch ya know?

<Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink.>

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,850

Doc Acme said:

I asked sort of the same question over on the Ultra Scenery forum (so far, just crickets).  I don't have either, yet, but considering what a number of other Code 66 and HowieFarkes creations (UltraScenery, UltraScatter,etc.) already do, it's only a matter of time.  I'm sort of reading between the lines that there may be any number of products that'll be able to use this. Howie's UltraScenery Accelerator was jaw dropping when first released; 20-30X is typical.

But yes, I agree.  As with many of Code 66's products, something more visual as in a video would go a long way.  The guy needs much better PR, don'ch ya know?

Thanks, but I'm a programmer and not a TV talkshow host :P

The birth of C66 Graphics Plugin was as I had two products in development , both required about the same kind of performance boost (none would have even been possible without the power of a plugin.
    So, instead of creating two plugins with much the same code (taking memory in Studio), I made one plugin, and also added all functions I before had in the BWCGraphics script that is used in several of my scripts for drawing.
    By doing so, I could also speed up MultiMapLoader 20-50 times, depending on the maps UV grid was generated for. 

I have updates in the works for several of my old scripts, where I moce drawing code to the C66 Graphics Plugin instead of using the old BWCGraphics code. But I will only release updates for those products where the benefit is huge. Most products, like DungeonBuilder, Have A Seat or Crate Factory, has been extremely optimized to draw without the plugin, so they draw very little so the the benefit isn't that much, but for future scrips, weeks can be spent doing the actual work, not spending them optimizing the GUI, and also, there is now a foundstion for creating nicer GUIs in scripts, that other scripters can use.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,850

Ascania said:

Why do you need to buy cables to connect the aerial and the wall socket to your TV?

The C66 plugin does the same. It makes the Billboard Builder and the Ultra Scenery Toolbox work. At all.
    No plugin? Billboard Builder is so much wasted space.

Great metaphor, and true. There is just so much you can so in script. I tried to make them not depend, just be accelerated by the plugin, but wait 5 minutes for the alpha channel blur in Billboard Builder was not even resonable, now its like 200ms.

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

Totte said:

Doc Acme said:

Thanks, but I'm a programmer and not a TV talkshow host :P

Well, I'm an aging & mildly dyslexic artist and it's ALL magic to me frankly.  But there are a number of multi talented users on the Forum.

I did pull the trigger though & picked both items up.  Will work though the doc & tutorial soon.