Clicking on a boned figure selects the bone and not the parent bone.

I had to do a reinstall of Windows and restored my Daz from a backup I did before the reinstall.

I'm having two weird issues now.

In my beta version of Daz that I normall use, clicking on a figure selects the bone joint and not the parent bone of the figure. E.g. I have two g8m figures loaded. I have g8m figure A selected, I then move my mouse over to the lower chest bone of g8m figure B and left mouse click. Normally, I would click the chest bone and since it's a different figure that what was currently selected, it would select the parent/root of g8m figure B and not g8m figure B lower chest bone. How do I change this back? My non beta version is fine, but I can't find anyway to set this back to selecting the way it has been.

Conversely, in my beta the basic keyboard commands like "del" to a delete a figure/prop or ctrl-c/ctrl-v to copy/paste between items no longer works. I have confirmed that keyboard navigation is turned on. But I'm out of ideas after that.

Thank you for any help.

Comments

• Sounds like a layout/settings issue.

On selection - open the Tool settings pane and make sure that Node Selection Mode is set to Root Node First (that is, figure first then a s econd click to select a bone in the figure)

On the accelerators, Window>Workspace>Customise, click the Import button at lower left, and select Actions in the dialogue.

• Oh you wonderful person, I knew it was somewhere but had gone through what I thought was every obscure settings pane to find it. Thank you so much.

I'm not sure I follow you on the "accelerators" part though. Is that to add basic copy/paste and delete keyboard functions back? When I do what you suggested, it take me to a windows open dialog box and the only two options I see to import are "default advanced" and "default simple". Is there one I'm suppose to choose?

• Default advanced - Accelerators are keyboard shortcuts, they acelerate access to those functions (instead of having to click or alt+letter through menus)