Is the master54191 a legit Daz CMS file?

tonytriolatonytriola Posts: 20

As the title says, in my windows/temp directory is a file that can't be deleted because it's being used by Daz Content management System.

The file is 100kb.

The reason I'm clearing my temp directory is I suspect malware (or microsoft themselves) are attempting to install edge browser or some exploit behind my back (I get a notification from private-firewall that microsftedgeupdate.exe is trying to run - even though I blocked it previously).

Of course the filename may just be a ruse to install an exploit, I deleted all occurances and prefetch files from my drive.

So I thought I'd ask before going into safe mode and deleting the file.

Thanks for any info.

Post edited by tonytriola on

Comments

• Is PostgreSQL running in the process list?

• tonytriolatonytriola Posts: 20
    edited October 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

Is PostgreSQL running in the process list?

No, PostgreSQL doesn't show up in running processes...but ContentManagerServer.exe is running.

I suppose I could just shut down the CMS, delete the file and reboot, but does the CMS need that file to run?

Post edited by tonytriola on
  • I shut down the CMS so I could get a look at the file with a hex editor. There's nothing in it (zeroed out) except for what may be a header and the only values other than 0 are in the first three 32 bit WORDS. But without any header-format info, it's meaningless.

00 00 01 00 00 80 00 00
    01 00 00 00 02 00 00 00
    02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

So it's a 102.4k file with all zero values except for the first 24 byte block.

I'll just leave it alone for use by the CMS.

Thanks for taking a look.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,357
    edited October 2021

tonytriola said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Is PostgreSQL running in the process list?

No, PostgreSQL doesn't show up in running processes...but ContentManagerServer.exe is running.

I suppose I could just shut down the CMS, delete the file and reboot, but does the CMS need that file to run?

I think that is the old Valentina system - you can safely uninstall the whole thing if you are using Daz Studio 4.9.x.x or later. Valentina, unlike psotgreSQL, ran as a service so it was always on - the on/off switch in DS is for PostgreSQL only.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on