Recreating my Library on new pc...any helpz appreciated

Hai...

My old PC brokez...now I have built a new PC and I iz want to re-install all my stuffz

I managed to save all my scenes, all my content folders and the whole DiM install folders on my external drive before I lost old machine

My question is - wot is the best way to restore all my stuffz?

Can I just copy back from one of the files I saved to my external drive?

I have about 4000 items on DiM and my connection is copper not fibre so redownlaoding everything would take quite a bitz of time

Thanks in advance for any kind personz wot leaves some advice

Dee

Comments

• Did you back up the Content Management System Database (%AppData%/daz 3d/cms/ContentCluster/ by default)? Did you back up the manifests folder used by Install Manager?

• Richard Haseltine said:

Did you back up the Content Management System Database (%AppData%/daz 3d/cms/ContentCluster/ by default)? Did you back up the manifests folder used by Install Manager?

Hai Richard...

I don't think I got the CMS database but yes I did copy the DiM manifests folder 

• OK, assuming you installed with DS you should be able to get most things back if you point DS and DIM to the correct places (in DIM's advanced settings point the manifest Archive to the folde with the manifests, the Package Archive to the folder with the zips, and set the instalaltion folder to the one that holds the runtiem and Data folders; in DS use right-click on the Daz Studio Formats and Poser Formats containers to select the folder that holds the Runtime and Data folders, then open the Content DB Maintenance dialogue from the Content Library option menu and select reimport Metadata, then select everything in the next dialogue). You will lose any metadata for your own saved files, unless you'd recently exported user data from the Content DB Maintenance dialogue, and you will lose any New tags (or custom groups you may have created) but everything else should be back.

• Richard Haseltine said:

OK, assuming you installed with DS you should be able to get most things back if you point DS and DIM to the correct places (in DIM's advanced settings point the manifest Archive to the folde with the manifests, the Package Archive to the folder with the zips, and set the instalaltion folder to the one that holds the runtiem and Data folders; in DS use right-click on the Daz Studio Formats and Poser Formats containers to select the folder that holds the Runtime and Data folders, then open the Content DB Maintenance dialogue from the Content Library option menu and select reimport Metadata, then select everything in the next dialogue). You will lose any metadata for your own saved files, unless you'd recently exported user data from the Content DB Maintenance dialogue, and you will lose any New tags (or custom groups you may have created) but everything else should be back.

Thank U very much :)