How do I write a UV converter?

Hello!

I woud like to use CC3 textures on G2F.

Therefore I need to write a UV converter.

I have programming skills, but I have never written a UV converter.

How would I do that? 

Do I for example put a mark on the left eye brow end of the CC texture and then the same on the DAZ texture?

And then I put a mark on the left mouth corner on both the CC texture and in the DAZ texture?

Then in the end, I have a big list of "maps", for example like that:

CC3               G2F            Name

(100,130)     (135,210)     left mouth corner

(200,130)     (255,210)     right mouth corner

(80, 30)        (90, 50)        left eye corner

(65, 30)        (110, 50)      right eye corner

And then I project the CC image to the corresponding rectangles or triangles on the DAZ texture?

Or how is that generally done?

Thank you!

Post edited by johann.hesters_2e9dd0ece9 on

Comments

• I don't know that the function is ubiquitous enough to hae a standard method. If it's for your own use I'd suggest lookin at Blender (or just using Blender or another application with the feature plus a script to automate it - and probably a mesh from CC or DS shaped to match the other mesh, so that the baking routine had something to work with).

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Daz Studio allows you to load UVs from an obj file. Just click the hamburger icon in the Surfaces tab to access it.

Use a program with a UV editor (like Blender) to match the textures and figure, then load the unwrapped obj file into Daz.

• margrave said:

Daz Studio allows you to load UVs from an obj file. Just click the hamburger icon in the Surfaces tab to access it.

Use a program with a UV editor (like Blender) to match the textures and figure, then load the unwrapped obj file into Daz.

That won't help, however, if the mapping is split into blocks in a different way on the figure and the map set - e.g. if they both have arm and torso maps, but one switches further down the arm than the other. That's why the older-generation texture tools for genesis 3 and 8 need to use Geografts to give alternative boundaries. Actually baking from one map set to another, however, can transfer the problem areas to the right map and avoids the need for geometry tricks.