Purchased DAZ Products did not download, no help from DAZ tech services.

Guardian5004Guardian5004 Posts: 5
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

On July 27th I made a large (item wise) purchase from DAZ studio. I encountered numerous problems during the download. Four items did not download at all. I sent a report of the problem to the DAZ technical staff and received a receipt message from them on the same day, and then nothing. No e-mail, no resolution to the down load problems-nothing. It has been just over a week, and now two (2) of the items are showing as expired (no downloads remaining) even tho they never downloaded! These items were payed for.

The service ticket number is 108170.

If anyone at DAZ Studio is paying attention, your "Customer Service" is deplorable. I work in the public sector, and Customer Service is considered a high priority daily activity.

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,908
    edited December 1969

Try resting the downloads. Occasionally they get hung up and once you rest them they download properly.

• Guardian5004Guardian5004 Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

That might help with the content that says I still have downloads available. What about the content that is listed as expired but did not load?

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Should still work. We can [or at least used to be able to] reset our downloads about 3 times inside of 3 months without requiring Support's assistance. Then if for some reason we still needed a download reset, we'd simply have to ask and they would. Purchases are normally available to reset/download "indefinitely".

edited December 1969

Thanks for your help so far. I reset the downloads, but was having the same problem. One kept tripping my Norton Anti-Virus, but I was finally able to get it to download after turning off several security settings (which have now been turned back on).

The other three files will still not download. When I attempt to do so, I receive the following error message: "Internet Explorer cannot download (File Name) from www.daz3d.com. Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet Site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later."

All three of the files are in zip format. Any insight into the problem would be greatly appreceiated. I am using IE8.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited August 2012

Earlier today, I read a message that there is a known issue downloading content with IE8 and the new store and it's on the "To Do" list to resolve the issue. Don't ask me to find the thread though... LOL.

In the mean time, it was recommended to use IE9, Chrome or Foxfire to download content. I personally use IE9 (updated via Windows Update automatically a while back) and never had any issues downloading content purchased with the new store.

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Aren't the .zip files just the Mac version of the .exe files anyway?
    When you purchase from Daz, they put both Mac and PC versions there for you to download but you only need to actually download the versions you need.

Download-Page.jpg
    800 x 482 - 121K
    edited December 1969

The three items that were giving me fits only had the one download zip file listed. Everything else did indeed have both a MAC zip file and a PC exe file. These three files were the only exceptions.

I have finally managed to get them downloaded. I loaded and used a different browser, and they loaded just fine (except that one of them-V4 Diving Gear-tripped Norton again and I had to shut down the same security settings as before).

I wish to thank everyone for their assistance. I am new to this, and will probably be on the forum again with additional questions/problems.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

As has been said in this thread, and elsewhere, a lot of people do seem to be having problems with some downloads form Daz3d when usine IE, but do find that using an alternate browser will solve the problem

The Norton AV issue is also quite well documented. Norton has a habit of quarantining files it decideds it doesn't recognise. You should be able to find the files in your quarantined folder ,and sort them out from there.

I quote a post from another forum

In NIS2012 at least:

Open the Norton Interface
    Click Advanced, on the right for me
    Under Computer protection click Quarantine
    You should now see a list of hidden files - select one you wish to restore
    Click Restore and Options on the right
    Click restore in the pop up
    Click Yes.
    Click Close
    Optionally, restore capitals as needed to the filename since Norton can't manage that.

Repeat as needed.
  • DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited August 2012

The three items that were giving me fits only had the one download zip file listed. Everything else did indeed have both a MAC zip file and a PC exe file. These three files were the only exceptions.

DAZ are in the process of moving over to zips, with some new items now appearing with only zips, and also older items where the Mac installers no longer worked.

If I'm not mistaken the reset system is now completely automated (i.e. it happens as soon as you press reset, rather than waiting for someone to processs it manuallY) and I think the limits may have disappeared.

tripped Norton

I gave up on Norton a decade ago, but they've truly excelled themselves (not!) with the logic in that piece of code. Anyone with the first clue about people should have realised that this kind of lazy false positive is simply going to cause an awful lot of aggravation for users, aggravation which will then be turned towards Norton when they get the explanation for why it happened.

Post edited by DWG on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,908
    edited December 1969

I also gave up on Norton a long time ago because of the false positives. It wouldn't let us run some of our programs cause it thought they were suspicious.