how can I make a morph of Deck Hand Hair

Hi, 

I have made several morphs in the past and know I have to set to base before exporting however with Deck Hand Hair     nothing I do seems to work. I've tested exporting and immediately importing, making sure it's set to base, Tested exporting the genesis figure which works fine. I've tried making sure I have nothing esle selected as well, made sure I've got the geometry tool selected to ensure nothing is hidden for some reason. Nothing works. Can you help. I just want to make a quick morph. 

Thanks. I could use Mesh Grabber but, I can't save that without exporting. 

thanks

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,875
    edited October 2021

You said nothing seems to work, but we need more details in order to help. Are you exporting to OBJ format? What scale factor are you using on export and what scale factor on import? Are you getting an error message from Morph Loader Pro? If so, what error? Or is the morph just not achieving the shape you expect it to take?

One thing to watch out for on Deck Hand Hair is that when loaded, it has a hidden morph named Shape Adjust dialed in at 100%. You should probably click the little gear on the morph to change the parameters so you can zero that out before exporting your OBJ, so the effect isn't built into your OBJ. You want the exported OBJ to be only the base shape.

By the way, Mesh Grabber has an addon to allow it to save morphs. This is a link to the Windows version.

Screenshot 2021-10-10 163935.jpg
    342 x 60 - 6K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

The product page doesn't tell, whether that hair is strand hair of traditional mesh hair.

It's traditional mesh hair.

• okay. Has anyone had any luck making a quick morph for Deck Hand Hair and was there something unusual, some setting that is in addition to just setting to Base Mesh?  

• dForce hair should list dForce Hair as a Required Product, or dForce Cloth for dynamic strips that are not strands.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

When you are trying to export the hair, do you have it fitted and/or parented to a figure?

edited October 2021

If I look at the hair in Blender, I see that it has a lot disconnected vertices that are not part of any polygon. This is probably your problem, but I don't know the solution. Richard Haseltine might.

Edit: Or... maybe that isn't a problem. I managed to move one strand of hair in Blender, export the hair out and use Morph Loader Pro to import it successfully back into Daz Studio as a morph. The morph works.

When I exported the hair from Daz Studio, I turned off smoothing as well as being sure it was in base resolution.

Deck Hand Hair Disconnected Vertices.jpg
    1780 x 1522 - 818K
    Deck Hand Hair Unmorphed.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 693K
    Deck Hand Hair One Strand Moved - arrow.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 665K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • barbult said:

If I look at the hair in Blender, I see that it has a lot disconnected vertices that are not part of any polygon. This is probably your problem, but I don't know the solution. Richard Haseltine might.

Edit: Or... maybe that isn't a problem. I managed to move one strand of hair in Blender, export the hair out and use Morph Loader Pro to import it successfully back into Daz Studio as a morph. The morph works.

so you got it to import back to Daz. I can't get it to import back to Daz even without doing anything to it. If ever I am messing up I always test the original obj with no changes if I haven't messed up with the resolution it usually says 'Loading morph c...
    No deltas for morph, skipping node.
    Created morph successfully.'

Because you could import it back I knew it could be done which is what I really needed to know so I could I commit to tweaking my settings without losing the plot. I had 'remove unused verts' checked for some unknown reason! The export window changed quite a bit recently and this is the first time I haven't been able to export and import something. I just didn't even notice that 'remove unused verts' was checked. 

Thanks. 

• Make sure that you don't have Remove unused verices checked when exporting the OBJ from DS, and that Blender is not doing any removal of unused/isolated vertices on its import or export.