Overlay for Clothing Editing

Gemini QueenGemini Queen Posts: 263

So I'm studying up on skills for Daz, and I'm watching this video for clothing editing in Daz 3D. It's got some useful information for me, however there's one thing that she did that really stood out. It was that she was able to give the clothing a lace overlay in Photoshop. She does this around 18.52 (timestap) and I was looking at what she did in photoshop but 1) that looks like a very old version of photoshop and 2) it's photoshop and I use GIMP so it's kind of weird trying to mimick what she's doing. If anyone has any idea or maybe a tutorial that I can look up online to figure out how to do this, that would be super appreciated. 

EDIT - Might be helpful if I actually link the video I'm referring to. 

Post edited by Gemini Queen on

Comments

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624
    edited October 2021

I can walk you through the steps but I cannot translate it to Gimp because I do not have it.

Add a lace pattern to a new layer.
    Select your template layer, add a group then add a vector mask.  Invert your mask so that the item is select and not the surrounding (You can invert the selection before you create the mask if needed)
    Drop your lace layer into the group.
    Goto Edit/Free Transform to get the resize box. (I think they use a shortcut or the way it works in PS previously is differnet.......)
    Resize layer how you would like it.

After playing around in Gimp its just as easy to open your template then paste your lace to a new layer, move and resize your lace then make the selection on your template and on the lace layer hit delete.  This is pretty much the way I do it in PS.

Post edited by Daventaki on
  • Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try tomimic this in GIMP and ee how it goes.