One - and only one - figure being difficult to position in a scene

I'm putting together a simple two-person scene.  One figure moves freely and is easily positioned.  The other one is janky as all get-out, as if it were a drain on system resources to move it.  What I'd like to know is if there's a way to figure out which resource is causing the drain.  I've tried hiding the hair, to no avail.  I wondered if it had something to do with HeadShop, which I used to make the problem figure, so I hid the head as well.  That didn't work either.  Both figures use skins from Zev0's Skin Builder utility.  Aside from hairs and the HeadShop thing, I can't think of any other differences between the two figures.

Comments

• info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 893
    edited October 2021

I don't think it is HeadShop, but you may try this:

First create the first figure with HeadShop, then save it as "File/Scene Subset". Start a new project, create the other figure with HeadShop. When finished, use "File/Merge" to merge first figure back into scene.

monkey and hippo.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 770K
    Post edited by info_b3470fa520 on
  • margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Did you try turning off Smoothing and SubD?

Are they both the same Genesis generation and sex? The speed and efficency of posing depends on how many products you have installed for a figure. More JCMs/morphs/controllers means more lag.