Interior Light Pro "culling" camera and Iray server

3DMinh3DMinh Posts: 220

Hi,

I'm using the iray server 3.3 with Daz Studio 4.15. Recently I purchased the https://www.daz3d.com/interior-light-pro-for-filament-and-iray . It includes a camera that can allow HDRI lighting into interior scene (I think it makes use of the iray section plane, but I'm not sure). The problem is while rendering within Daz Studio is fine, when using iray server at some point it will switch to CPU render (although I set it to disable CPU rendering). The following error message is logged:

[Sat, 09 Oct 2021 12:57:23] 1        WORKER_4 | [test]   1.19  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090): an illegal memory access was encountered (while launching CUDA renderer in <internal>:947)
[Sat, 09 Oct 2021 12:57:23] 1        WORKER_4 | [test]   1.19  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090): Failed to launch renderer
[Sat, 09 Oct 2021 12:57:23] 1        WORKER_4 | [test]   1.17  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090): Device failed while rendering
[Sat, 09 Oct 2021 12:57:23] 2        WORKER_4 | [test]   1.17  IRAY   rend warn : All available GPUs failed.
[Sat, 09 Oct 2021 12:57:23] 2        WORKER_4 | [test]   1.17  IRAY   rend warn : No devices activated. Enabling CPU fallback.
[Sat, 09 Oct 2021 12:57:23] 1        WORKER_4 | [test]   1.17  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090): an illegal memory access was encountered (while initializing memory buffer)
[Sat, 09 Oct 2021 12:57:23] 1        WORKER_4 | [test]   1.17  IRAY   rend error: All workers failed: aborting render
[Sat, 09 Oct 2021 12:57:23] 1        WORKER_4 | [test]   1.17  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090): an illegal memory access was encountered (while de-allocating memory)

I will asked Iray Server support, but I just want to ask if anyone run into the same problem when using the "Culling" camera of the Interior Light Pro product on an Iray Server? Especially anyone who is running a iray server, can you please test it ?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Minh

Post edited by 3DMinh on

Comments

• Theer was a chnage to the way Iray handles objects cut with Section Planes - I'm not sure why it would Affect server and DS differently but what setting do you have for Section Caps Enabled in Render Settings?

• 3DMinh3DMinh Posts: 220

Hi,

I've just checked and the section caps enabled was OFF !! Is it should be ON?

Thanks

edited October 2021

Hi,

I tried with Section Caps Enabled ON and the problem is still there. Basically the "Culling Camera" in the Interior Light Pro will cause the rendering process to switch to CPU only when using Iray Server bridge. Rendering directly in Daz Studio or use a normal camera work just fine.

Edit: Actually the problem gone away when I turn Section Caps Enable ON !!!. However, I run into another problem that is the hair of the character will have some color stripe in the same color as the section caps color. Do you know how to fix this?

Thank you very much.

Minh

Post edited by 3DMinh on
  • Sorry, that sounds as if the hair geometry would need editing - which is why caps are not on by default, I think: it breaks some existing content.

Richard Haseltine said:

Sorry, that sounds as if the hair geometry would need editing - which is why caps are not on by default, I think: it breaks some existing content.

Anyway, thank you very much for your reply. With that I have been able to identify the problem. I upgrade iray server to the latest version and it works fine without any issue (version 3.41) (With Section Caps Enabled OFF).

Best regards,

Minh