Some Aisling H.Materials Not Loading

New Daz 3D user here, so I apologize up front if this is a stupid question; but, I've hit the "if all else fails, try asking on the forum" stage.

I have the Charlotte 8 and Aisling figures, and I'm having a hard time understanding how the hierarchical materials are supposed to be used.  I can load Aisling and apply the "Aisling All Maps" H.Material skin no problem.  But if I try to use the "Aisling Eyelashes Iray" or "Aisling Gens Mat Hair", I can double click on them but nothing happens.  I have the "Aisling" Genesis8Female node selected in the Scene tab, so I _think_ the parenting is right for the hierarchical material.  I've read about H.Materials in the forums and other places, and it seems like they're tricky to get working correctly.

Another post somewhere mentioned that you might have to create a Null node and parent the H.Material to that, but I couldn't get that working either. Not only is the parent node correctly named (so I couldn't make another one), right-clicking on the icon for either of the two H.Materials (in either the Surfaces Presets tab or the Smart Content window) does not give you a "Parent to <blah>" option.  If you double click on the icon, nothing happens so there is nothing to re-parent.  I've tried dragging the icons over to the figure and waiting for the popup menu, and selecting each of the parenting options available.  None of that worked.

Am I missing something obvious?

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,440
    edited October 2021

The change to the eyelashes is pretty subtle. (edit: Actually, Aislin has her own eyelashes, with a more complex structure, so you would replace the generic ones that load by default). They have a different name, so the H.Mat won't work without them.

The anatomical elements must be loaded to get the genital mats to apply. (Available separately with Pro Bundles only, any one will do)

All the parts load in the right place (hierarchically speaking) so that shouldn't be a problem. You only need select any element in the hierarchy to apply the H.Mat.

Post edited by NorthOf45 on
  • ptwaptwa Posts: 0

Ah, perfect!  So, if an H.Mat doesn't seem to load, make sure you've a) selected a node in the hierarchy and b) have all the nodes in the hierarchy loaded.