Morph not included when G8F character is merged into scene.

I made a G8F character. I saved it as a scene.

Later, I modified the character by sliding a morph dial.

I saved the character again.

I then opened a new, empty scene file.

I loaded a primitive.

I then merged the character scene file into the new scene.

The morph I added by sliding it’s dial was gone. It’s value had returned to 0.

The morph remains applied to the character scene file. It just doesn’t carry over with the rest of the character morphs during merge.

The morph was created by XTransfer. It originated as a G3F morph. Would that have anything to do with this problem?

Comments

• So it's a custom morph embedded in the scene, not saved as a Morph Asset? That shouldn't, as far as I know, happen so I would report the issue as a possible bug (attach the scene file to the report please).

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 792

Richard Haseltine said:

... I would report the issue as a possible bug (attach the scene file to the report please).

Thanks for your reply, Richard.

I’ll pass on reporting this problem unless it happens again for three reasons:

1. If I must submit the file, then I’d be reluctant to do so because it has potentially offensive content.

2. If I must submit the file, I’d likely have to also submit the extra morphs used in the file that were made by XTransfer, so the file can be loaded for testing. Ugh. That’s more work.

3. I found an acceptable work-around, for now, as follows:

In my freshly loaded second scene, into which I have merged the character scene file, re-apply the morph that failed to load during the merge. Then, save this new scene as “version 2” of the character scene file.

Now when I open a fresh new empty scene file, load a primitive and merge in “version 2” of the character scene file. This time the morph gets transferred.

Discard the original character scene file and just use “version 2” from then on.