Saved poses?

Why do some saved poses for G8F take an extraordinarily long time to load?  As in several minutes long?  My G8F only has a basic set of fitted clothing (outfit,hair,etc..).  I don't understand what crazy calculations it's doing.  Daz Studio poses load fast, they take only a few seconds.  But, saved poses take a very long time to load.  How can I speed up the process?

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

It's because of everything that has been saved into the posefile when saving it.

If you create the posefile with default settings, all the morphs that have been installed for the base figure will be saved into the posefile as well.

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,068
    edited October 2021

Yes, everything is checked by default.  How exactly can I determine what items I need and what items I don't need?  I need to save the entire body pose with facial expressions.

Post edited by Seven193 on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898

Hey, first it will be better if the facial expressions are saved as a seperate file that way you can mix and match poses with expressions if you are doing more then one.

The easiest way to save poses repeatedly in DS would be to use the templated here:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/file_io/savefilter_template_save/start

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/file_io/savefilter_template_apply/start

The first one will let you setup a template of what you need saved while the other one will allow you to apply it

please note it will only save presets to the folder you have selected in your content lirary

When saving a pose, you want to save all the rotations of each node plus the translation of the hip as well.  However it will be best if you do NOT save anything beyond the head node so that is does NOT mess up expressiosn when applied.

Also when saving, there is an option menu to the upper right that gives you multiple options, allowing you to save just rotations, which then you can go from there to include the hip trans and exclude all the child nodes from the head.

You can then also save the expression out the same way but even if you do it manually it should be eaiser then the pose.

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,068

Thanks, I was thinking along those lines too.  If I separated the body pose from the facial expression, it may speed up things considerably.