My Hard Drives Died - Reinstall Everything. Everything.

I have to download everything from scratch. I have already downloaded Daz Connect, then the latest Daz through that. In Daz Connect, I only see the manual install. The last thing I want to do is click over 3,000 times.

What is the best way to accomplish this without running into problems later? Is there something I'm not seeing after 3 hours of searching?

Thank you! If there is a link to something that can help, I'd be grateful as well. My search-fu has miserably, spectacularly failed in finding an answer to my question.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388
    edited October 2021

Daz Connect is when you're installing from inside DS. Do you mean Daz Central?

Edit: For batch install I would recommend using Install Manager.

https://www.daz3d.com/get_install_manager/

Post edited by Leana on
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,198
    edited October 2021

I wouldn't recommend Daz Connect - there seems to be way to many problem with it.

I am using DIM and beside having good controle over where stuff goes, you can filtre and install as you like, here including just let it install everything without any inputs from you *)

*) I think some of the products using scripts might need an accept to install, but those can likely not be installed through Connect at all.

Post edited by felis on
  • Leana said:

Daz Connect is when you're installing from inside DS. Do you mean Daz Central?

Daz Central, sorry.  

• felis said:

I wouldn't recommend Daz Connect - there seems to be way to many problem with it.

I am using DIM and beside having good controle over where stuff goes, you can filtre and install as you like, here including just let it install everything without any inputs from you *)

*) I think some of the products using scripts might need an accept to install, but those can likely not be installed through Connect at all.

I'd rather use DIM. That one I know how to set it up and let it rip from the last time I had to download everything (Ugh). Daz Central (whatever) just seems... pretty without much going for it. I don't want to manually download things when I go on buying sprees either. 

• LucynskyLucynsky Posts: 64
    edited October 2021

Post edited by Lucynsky on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388

Lucynsky said:

felis said:

I'd rather use DIM. That one I know how to set it up and let it rip from the last time I had to download everything (Ugh). Daz Central (whatever) just seems... pretty without much going for it. I don't want to manually download things when I go on buying sprees either. 

You can use DIM, it's still available and still works.