White Tiger for Big Cat 2 help [resolved]

Hey all. I've purchased Big Cat 2, White Tiger, and the Iray Catalyzer plugin (which I also activated through the serial number registration process) and installed the LAMH player plugin, but I'm running into two problems with this model.

First, while one of the eyes appears normal, the other appears cloudy/milky. The eyes look fine for standard Big Cat 2 models, and when I've tried loading a different texture into the UV or specific surfaces, it retains this milky shade. Since the standard Big Cat 2 models (including the tiger) are loading normally, I'm guessing there is something specific with this asset and I can't figure it out.

Second, I'm having a lot of trouble getting the fur to render properly. Initially I couldn't get the fur to render at all and thought it was a conflict with Iray, so I bought the Iray Catalyzer add-on, figured out how to enable it by registering the serial number, and then it rendered the fur... but the fur was an odd shade of blue.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!

Post edited by [email protected] on

Comments

• If it helps, here is a render I ran that demonstrates both issues. That right eye (left side of image) keeps the washed out texture and much smaller pupil no matter what I do. And the Catalyzer pane has all the color options set to white (255/255/255).

White Tiger Test.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

Hey Croll,

I normally use the editor version but tested this out with the Catalyzer and got the same issue with the blue fur.  I loaded Sun-Sky envioroment I saved and that resolved the blue, but getting the dark fur as your image. I'd not getting the clouded eye though.  Wondering if that's from Camera Headlight or some reflection being in an infinity enviroment.  In any case there's something going on from the lighting it seems.

• Doc Acme said:

Hey Croll,

I normally use the editor version but tested this out with the Catalyzer and got the same issue with the blue fur.  I loaded Sun-Sky envioroment I saved and that resolved the blue, but getting the dark fur as your image. I'd not getting the clouded eye though.  Wondering if that's from Camera Headlight or some reflection being in an infinity enviroment.  In any case there's something going on from the lighting it seems.

Thank you, sir! I also got a response from the artist and, between copying some textures between folders and adding an HDRI/set, I got this working properly. Really appreciate the advice. 

Paolo_Tiger_Test.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • I'm having this same problem (see test render below) where the white tiger's fur strands render out dark (gray-blue). I'm using the LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer add-on with default settings to render. I tried changing some of the Iray Catalyzer settings, but nothing is helping to get the look of the promos or some of the gallery entries with the white tiger. (Changing diffuse settings for example gets me more of a big white furred cat with the stripes hidden, so not sure...)

I'm not sure what textures I should to look for or move around to get this going. If croll or anyone else knows what can solve this issue, I'd really appreciate it! 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,175
    edited August 2023

SapphireBlue said:

I'm having this same problem (see test render below) where the white tiger's fur strands render out dark (gray-blue). I'm using the LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer add-on with default settings to render. I tried changing some of the Iray Catalyzer settings, but nothing is helping to get the look of the promos or some of the gallery entries with the white tiger. (Changing diffuse settings for example gets me more of a big white furred cat with the stripes hidden, so not sure...)

I'm not sure what textures I should to look for or move around to get this going. If croll or anyone else knows what can solve this issue, I'd really appreciate it! 

Yes... so if you use Catalyzer plugin, pls try the settings as below:

The render results as below -: (you may finetune the values as you wish, as well as the lightings...)

Post edited by crosswind on
  • crosswind said:

The render results as below -: (you may finetune the values as you wish, as well as the lightings...)

crosswind Thank you so so much for sharing these settings for the Catalyzer add-on. heart I'll give it a go and tweak to suit. yes

I do wonder if using the Catalyzer version limits how the fur renders, as opposed to using the LAMH version. It still seems different from how naturally the fur sits in the promos and how it follows the stripes. Some of the gallery entries also have that look. I wonder if those used the original LAMH version...

I'll try out these settings, and then see if I remember how to use the LAMH version too and compare. Thanks again for taking the time to share these details!! smiley

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,175
    edited August 2023

SapphireBlue said:

crosswind said:

crosswind Thank you so so much for sharing these settings for the Catalyzer add-on. heart I'll give it a go and tweak to suit. yes

I do wonder if using the Catalyzer version limits how the fur renders, as opposed to using the LAMH version. It still seems different from how naturally the fur sits in the promos and how it follows the stripes. Some of the gallery entries also have that look. I wonder if those used the original LAMH version...

I'll try out these settings, and then see if I remember how to use the LAMH version too and compare. Thanks again for taking the time to share these details!! smiley

You're welcome! And Yes... I also found LAMH version of this tiger was much better than Catyalyzer version at that time... but TBH, I don't know why because as a user I have no way to make those 'catalyzer fur group' for testing...

In comparison to Brown Bear from AM (released one year later than Catalyzer version of White Tiger),  the fur group looks totally different and the render is also great just with the default settings of Catalyzer... So I could only presume it was the product problem of Catalyzer version of White Tiger ...

Post edited by crosswind on