ParasiteX Product is crashing Iray renders

I tried loading up this product in a scene: 

https://www.daz3d.com/parasitex

But it kept crashing DAZ every time I tried to preview it in Iray. When I tried to render it just told me there was an error in rendering and then I needed to restart DAZ. 

It rendered in Filament and 3Delight without any problems. I then went and tried a variety of other older products, including other monsters from around the same time by the same artists and all of those rendered fine. 

I changed the surfaces to Iray surfaces as well, as opposed to the DAZ Default textures they originally load with and that didn't change anything either. 

My NVidia drivers are up to date as well. 

I'm really confused about what this one particular product could be doing to make this happen. Please help? 

Comments

• OVDOVD Posts: 253

Here's the error log that appears

Screenshot 2021-10-02 160118.png
    436 x 478 - 26K
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,440

Works okay for me previewing in Iray with default materials, no conversion, but not using the lastest and greatest (DS 4.12.1.118, GTX 1080, NVIDIA 462.59 05/11).

• OVDOVD Posts: 253

Just tried clearing the surfaces to a a base shader and it rendered the geometry, but then crashed again when I brought back the default materials, so it has something to do with those. 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,440

Maybe it has to do with newer versions of Studio, Iray and the NVIDIA driver. Newer isn't always better...

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388

I checked the file list in the readme, there seems to be a few texture maps in .tif format. The latest versions of Iray apparently have problems with some .tif files, so they might be what's causing the crash.

Try converting the maps to .png or .jpg and using those in the surface tab instead of the .tif files.

• MapperMapper Posts: 9
    edited October 2021

The same thing happens with Baryolax this happend after the update

Update ....  Converting tifs to jpgs was the trick. renders fine now.... Had to hunt down all the sufaces that used the tifs and appy jpgs..

Post edited by Mapper on