The GPU fan is incredibly loud and always running

I bought a Chronos from Origin with a 3080 graphics card, and any time I even start Daz Studio the fans have to whir like some kind of vacuum cleaner, it's so loud. I don't understand software, I've tried MSI Afterburner, the Nvidea Overlay, and other softwares and nothing works, I just want my fans to shut. up. My GPU doesn't even got above like 55 degrees, I have no idea what the problem is

Comments

• JVRendererJVRenderer Posts: 661
    edited October 2021

DefaultName said:

I bought a Chronos from Origin with a 3080 graphics card, and any time I even start Daz Studio the fans have to whir like some kind of vacuum cleaner, it's so loud. I don't understand software, I've tried MSI Afterburner, the Nvidea Overlay, and other softwares and nothing works, I just want my fans to shut. up. My GPU doesn't even got above like 55 degrees, I have no idea what the problem is

It is somewhat normal for the GPU fans to spin if you are in Iray Preview mode in Daz Studio. I have a 3090 and a much larger case with much better air flow than the Origin SFX you have. If you have the Founder Edition Card which is a hybrid blower style card. Most hot air are expelled to the back of the case and some thru the fins on the second fan. The reason you see lower GPU temps is because your GPU fans are doing their job.  I would not advise to lower the fan speed just because they're noisy. You donot want the GPU to overheat. You can set a less aggressive fan curve in MSI afterburner, but not too low.  Althought it is possible to put a 300+ tdp GPU in a small form factor case, it is generally not recommended.

Use GPU-Z to check your Hot Spot temp and your GPU Memory temps. Some 3080-3090 cards are notorious for higher junction and memory temps under full load. Sometimes, even if the GPU temp is below 60C, yourVRAM temps could reach 90 or even 100C.

Post edited by JVRenderer on