Morphs interfering with other morphs

Hello,

I have recently purchased a 3rd party character called Hailey from another site and it appears that the morphs for this character are somehow interering with other character morphs. I noticed this when I opened the Lanuola character and found that her teeth were badly distorted. After investigation I found that if I uninstalled Hailey then Lanuola worked as intended. Is there some way to fix this? The Hailey morphs never showed up as an active morph when I looked at what was currently being used for the Lanuola character so I don't know why having Hailey installed caused thiis issue.

Thanks in advance for any help with this issue.

nabob21

Comments

• Is this happening only when you have certain other characters set?

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 957

Hi Richard,

It seems like there is some interference with other characters, but not all of them, and to a much lesser degree than the Lanuola character.

• That is odd, then. I would suspect that the problem characters are triggering some standard, or at least common, morph that others do not use and that the Hailey character has a correction tied to that common morph that should also be tied to Hailey and isn't - something like that is about the only way I can think of to trigger msishaping with soem add-ons but not others. If you make a short list of characters that do trigger the issue (three or four should be enough) and click the gear icon on the slider to open Parametere settings then you can copy the list of sub-components (if that is just CharacternameHead and CharacternameBody then you will need to go the CharacternameHead and looks at its Parameter Settings). Compare the lists, hopefully there will be only a few that are commong (you can porbably ignore any centre/end point adjustments). Go to Parameter Settings for those proerpties and see which, if any, have subcomponents that looks as if theya re part of the Hailey character. If you fidn something try locating its slider and zeroing it when the isue shows up.

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 957

Thanks Richard, I will give this a try.

• jonascsjonascs Posts: 35
    edited September 2021

I suspect that I have a morph that interfere with a character. I did try to morph the character and had some unwanted outcome so deleted the morph, but it seems remnants of it remains. The character I'm refering to is the Fashion Model by 3D_Style. 

As you can see, the eye has some deformation or clipping. This is not a new problem, per se', when morphing HD characters, from what I understand. But now for some reason there must have been a save of some morph to somewhere and i don't know where and can't find it. 

I have uninstalled the Fashion Model, deleted everything pertaining to it, that I could find. Reinstalled it, but it's still the same. I deleted all morphs for gen 8 and 8.1.

I deleted all 8.1 characters... nothing works.

I can tell you that this is the only 8.1 character that has this problem in it's original form. others can obviously get it when morphed, but not in their loaded state.

Anyohe has any ideas?

Post edited by jonascs on
  • Do you mean that most Genesis 8.1 Female characters load correctly? or that Genesis 8.1 female is affected but not the male, or Genesis 8?