3D Printing

sasa Posts: 45
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

The 3D Printing Service video shows air brush by hand as 3D Printers are just 2 tone ,
How soon until Bryce 7.1 Pro becomes the alternative solution of choice ?

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

The 3D Printing Service video shows air brush by hand as 3D Printers are just 2 tone ,

never !

• Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
    edited December 1969

I received the G2F and G2M 3D Print Graft in my DIM downloads today. I'm not going to download it until I know what it does to those figure in the DAZ Studio 4.7 application. It is my hope that someone will post those specs and/or effects here soon. At the moment this is a new endeavor for DAZ, so I think it wise to be cautious, and wait to find out more info before proceeding with downloading and installing these files.

If anybody knows about this and how well it works, please post that info for all of us to see. I do not proceed without good knowledge of what I am getting into.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,167
    edited December 1969

For what? If the printer is two-tone then no software can change that.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,959
    edited December 1969

I received the G2F and G2M 3D Print Graft in my DIM downloads today. I'm not going to download it until I know what it does to those figure in the DAZ Studio 4.7 application. It is my hope that someone will post those specs and/or effects here soon. At the moment this is a new endeavor for DAZ, so I think it wise to be cautious, and wait to find out more info before proceeding with downloading and installing these files.

If anybody knows about this and how well it works, please post that info for all of us to see. I do not proceed without good knowledge of what I am getting into.

I would not worry about those - they are geo-gratfs and woudl need to be manually applied like any other geo-graft and until then would not affect the base figure. Ok, this is from not having actually seen yet, but I cannot imagine they'd do anything without being loaded!
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

apparently they have their own setting on the parameters tab (or something like that).

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,959
    edited December 1969

Just had a quick look and the G2M one (and I assume the matching G2Fone) is 'just' mouth and eye 'parts',presumably to make them watertight (or whatever phrase it is they use). The mouth part of the graft is a 'skin' (flesh-toned) that forms a 'wall' just behind the teeth.

• Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
    edited December 1969

Well according to the promo, you can morph your figure any way you want it, put the clothing you want on it, all in DAZ Studio. Then apply whatever the geo graft does, and it is then ready for the 3D printer. That is what I gathered from the small amount of info I could find. You can send the Printer ready file to DAZ and have their people print it for you for a fee. Also according to the promo, if you model something yourself and send a printer ready file to DAZ, they will print that one for a fee. I'm sure there is a shipping service in place that can send the finished product to you.

I looked at the readme, and could find no extra info that even mentions 3D printing in it. It looks like the one for the Genesis 2 figures that I read when those figures were released, if my memory serves correctly. I think that if this is to be included with DAZ Studio now, the readme needs to reflect that. Also I think we could use better info in the Promo and the readme to explain what it does.

As a well trained artist in the classic arts, such as sculpting, sketching, and painting, I do not mind the two tone 3D printed items. They would be something I could work on manually, which is something I do enjoy.

Thanks for the clarification, SimonJM and Chohole.

• RuneRune Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

The recent video I watched showed the figures produced in sandstone and were already more than 1 colour.

What is the status of 3D printing now?

Will I be able to produce a Genesis2 model, export either an .obj or an .stl, and then send it to my own 3D printer?

It's almost June, there has to be documentation somewhere.

I'm downloading 4.7 now and when I clicked on the Info button for the geo-graft, it just brought me to the Genesis2 Essentials product page.

• CTippettsCTippetts Posts: 162
    edited December 1969

My belief is that 3D printing, and 3D printers are still in their infancy. The first 2D "printers" were black ink on white paper ... one shade of black. The first TV's were all shades of gray. I'm sure, as the 3D printers evolve, they will be doing full color.

However, though I don't like to be a doomsayer, especially when it comes to Bryce, (the most used program on my computer next to my Internet browser), I do not believe there will be enough interest in Bryce, by the time 3D printers evolve to full color, for a conversion program to be developed, unless DAZ and, specifically, Bryce evolves.

Keep in mind that Bryce is not really a modeling program, though it has many of the great functions needed for that. Bryce excels at atmosphere and lighting. A 3D printer will probably never be able to achieve that. For that, you are probably waiting on Holography to evolve, or something like it.