Animation Timeline

Hi there,

I'm trying to make an animation of a character stood still, with their clothing blowing in the wind. It doesn't seem to matter what pose or how many frames I add to the timeline (60 / 120 / 1200 etc) - it still plays the animation over the course of one second. How can I make the animation / and or the wind node, play for longer in the timeline?

Thanks!

Cherie :)

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

I don't animate--since I find Daz's animation tools a half-baked nightmare to use--but I think you need to change the settings in the simulation pane. There's a "Use Timeline" option or something like that.

• Also, if you are using the play range, are you leaving the frames per second at 30 and adjusting the range as well as the total number of frames?

• ImagoImago Posts: 5,045

Chenova said:

Hi there,

I'm trying to make an animation of a character stood still, with their clothing blowing in the wind. It doesn't seem to matter what pose or how many frames I add to the timeline (60 / 120 / 1200 etc) - it still plays the animation over the course of one second. How can I make the animation / and or the wind node, play for longer in the timeline?

Thanks!

Cherie :)

As other said, check to be sure you added the number of frames in the right spot under "Total" and not "FPS" which is the "speed" of the animation. Also check in the simulation pane if you selected "animated (use timeline play range) to tell the plugin to use the whole lenght and not only the first frame. Lastly, be sure the values in "Range" in the timeline covers the whole animation.

• Thanks so much for your responses guys! It's a problem solved!

I was only setting the FPS and not the total / range of the animation. 

smileysmiley