Adding characters material makes dForce clothes fall through / doesn't conforming to body

I'm relatively new to Daz Studio  or 3D art in general so I really don't understand what was happening here... Any explanation would be appreciated.

1. I loaded G8F base characters

2 . I added dForce clothes, in this example I use Jazmina for Genesis 8 Females by Rhiannon @ rendo

3. I added poses to character and then hit simulate button. It worked as expected.

dforce working as expected

4. Then I reset characters pose and clear simulation.

5. I add material skin to the character - Frida for Genesis 8 Female by Sangriart @ rendo

6. I add the same pose as before an hit simulate button. and this is what happened...

dforce not working 1

dfroce not working 2

dforce not working 3

Anyone could tell me why this happened and how to fix it? I'm using daz studio 4.15 on windows 10.

Thx in advance!

Comments

• It shouldn't happen - if it was the clothing that was getting materials I'd say that they were incorrectly resetting the simualtion properties on the surfaces but that isn't the case with the base figure. Are they turning off Visible in Simulation in the Parameters pane?

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

5. I add material skin to the character - Frida for Genesis 8 Female by Sangriart @ rendo

6. I add the same pose as before an hit simulate button. and this is what happened...

Why? Swapping materials does not change the mesh in any way, so there's no need to reset the pose/simulation when you change skins. 

• jack.lockheartjack.lockheart Posts: 11
    edited September 2021

margrave said:

Why? Swapping materials does not change the mesh in any way, so there's no need to reset the pose/simulation when you change skins. 

Thank you for your response. Yes I understand that I don't have to reset pose or simulation, but the problem is if I want to use another pose, I can't simply just change pose and then hit simulate button... I also have to removed the added character skin too otherwise the clothes will fall as I posted in OP. Hence the topic I asked, why this particular character skin affect the dforce clothes..

Post edited by jack.lockheart on
  • Richard Haseltine said:

It shouldn't happen - if it was the clothing that was getting materials I'd say that they were incorrectly resetting the simualtion properties on the surfaces but that isn't the case with the base figure. Are they turning off Visible in Simulation in the Parameters pane?

I checked that it is still ON 

• jack.lockheartjack.lockheart Posts: 11
    edited September 2021

So I tried again with different dforce clothes. This time I loaded 2 characters together. The one on the left is the G8F Base Character while the one on the right is G8F Base Character WITH Added Skin (Frida by Sangriart). This time I didn't apply any pose, just the default pose. The results were even more confusing.. There was clothes that worked perfectly without problem on the right character, and then there are others which didn't as in OP. Now I really don't have any idea if it was caused by this particular skin, or just the problem with the clothes.

1. La Soiree by nirvy on rendo. Result : didn't work on the right character

La soiree

2. dForce Scarlett Cocktail Dress by Sparkman on rendo. Result : Didn't work on the right character (I added the bra after the simulation to make the picture safe for work)

scarlett cocktail dress

3. dForce Daylight Outfit for Genesis 8 Females by peache on the daz store. Result : Work as expected.

daylight outfit

4. dForce Sassy Girl Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s) by B-Rock on daz store. Result : Work fine.

sassy girl outfit

EDIT: I tried again all 4 tests above, but this time using different skin. All work fine! So I guess this happened because of this particular skin on some clothes. I wish there was an explanation why this happened. Anyone?

Post edited by jack.lockheart on