Changes in Genesis 8 with Genesis 8.1 install

bwise1701bwise1701 Posts: 247

I recently installed Genesis 8.1 and updated Genesis starter essentials and I've noticed it seems like i get difference facial posing behavior now on Genesis 8 than before - is there anything in the Genesis 8.1 install that could cause that to change legacy assets behavior? Brows and Mouth shapes seem different.

Also I'm running Daz 4.11 on High Sierra to be able to keep using my Nvidia Titan foir rendering - if that might be a factor 

Also - could some point me at threads that discuss using G8 textures with G8.1?

Thanks

Post edited by bwise1701 on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388
    edited September 2021

Installing G8.1 should not impact G8 at all.

As for using G8 textures on G8.1, just using the material preset directly should work. Or do you mean converting them to use the new PBR shader?

Post edited by Leana on
  • Hmmm - well maybe there is sothing about this character that is corrupted - I will investigate further - I sewar the mouth open controls are giving more cheek deformation and deeper lines from the nose to the corner of mouht in open positions - I didn't see any files overlapping between 8 & 8.1 but wanted to check as it seems 8.1 has mouth mouth open to the Jaw controls, so big changes there...

As far as materials it looked like 8.1 no longer has a Torso material group and when I applied a G8 materials I had to hand copy mpaste the Torso material to the new equivalent and I saw distortion in the maps - perhaps its a UV set problem - I'll check to see if there are options

Thanks