dForce Fur from Classic Fur Cape not rendering

dForce Fur from Classic Fur Cape not rendering

Hello! I'm at my wit's end after messing with a couple of cloaks and finally going back to the tried and true Classic Fur Cape. Unfortunately, the fur is not rendering. I've set Line Tesselation to 2 & PR Hair Preview On. I've tried saving a scene subset with just the figure and clothes, adding the cloak again and re-rendering -- still no dice. The hair (not pictured in the screenshot) is dForce and renders just fine. The initial Corveyn cloak also rendered (I gave up on it bc it was too time consuming to simulate and fix afterwards). Any advice would be appreciated!

Screenshot 2021-09-22 070057.jpg
2554 x 1325 - 737K

Comments

• Are you sure it is dForce hair, not dForce cloth? It doesn't look as if any of the tool icons in the Toolbar are hjighlighted, are ytou sure you don't have one of the geometry or weight editing tools active?

• I don't see why it wouldn't be, but just in case, check that under display>rendering the fur is set to visible in render

• Yes, it is definitely hair -- it has strands. I might have had the mesh grabber active -- I'm not sure if that would mess it up. I'll try again tonight. Skinklizzard, I do have the fur set to visible.

Actually, it was the mesh grabber! Ack...so many steps to remember! Thanks a bunch Richard!