Lexi Hair not displaying in render or preview

The Dforce Lexi Hair is pretty new and I bought it, but I have yet to get it to work correctly.

The primary problem is that it won't render.  The hair ap appears and renders, the outline for the hair fibers have their outline visible if you click them, so they are there, but rendering or using the preview they do not show.  I've tried changing the hair materials from the included files, but it still fails to display. 

I've tried to reinstall, but it still shows the same problem.

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Looks like that's strand-based hair. It won't show up unless you change the settings. I think it's called "PR Line Tesselation" or something like that. I don't have the product so I can't check, but strand based hair doesn't show up unless you increase the geometry, since it's very resource-intensive.

• Thanks for that, I'll have a look and see if that fixes the issue.

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

baileytron said:

Thanks for that, I'll have a look and see if that fixes the issue.

It might fix the issue but it might also break your computer, since as I said it's very resource-intensive. Unless you have a monster computer, don't set it too high or there's a good chance your Daz will crash to desktop.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,875

Make sure you don't have the Geometry Editor, Weight Map Brush or Mesh Grabber tool selected. Those prevent dForce Strand-Based Hair from rendering.